Gaming w/Jemal: War of the Gods (Acid Test)

Jemal

Adventurer
The great city of donexist in the state of madeupname is in peril, and you are the only ones who can help it.

The gods, angered by the cities support of your crusade against them, have sent waves of monsters to besiege the city. You have it on good authority that coming from the south is the most powerful wave, and you are the first - probably only - line of defense.

A mile from the walls, far enough away to keep the city out of the line of fire, you have arrived, and in the distance you see a cloud, and several figures beneath it, heading for you.

The land around is mostly open, with some hills and bushes, but otherwise is open farmland.

[sblock=OOC.]

OK, I had a big thingie typed up with in depth descriptions, but then the site ate my post, so this time I'm just going to see what you do, they're all more-or-less hideous monstrosities, bearing little-to-no resemblance to anything 'normal'. More in-depth descriptions will accompany the info gained by your knowledge checks.
Speaking of.. Lets get initiatives, Spot Checks, and Knowledge checks (Nature, Arcana, Dungeoneering) as well as your initial plan. They're moving in your direction (since you're between them and the city).

The figures are 500 feet away, so take appropriate penalties for range to your spot checks before reading the following information (for normal humans, it's -1 per 10 feet, I'll allow a 100' "leeway before the penalties commence", so -40.)
Also, should you fail the DC's, you'll notice them once you get closer, so keep in mind at what distance penalty you would notice each thing.
[sblock=DC 4]
The cloud actually appears to be a swarm of bugs
[/sblock]
[sblock=DC 12]
Beneath the swarm are several creatures, the largest of which is a colossal, hideous freak.
[/sblock]
[sblock=DC 16]
There are also two other large freakish monsters, bringing the total up to 4. the ENORMOUS swam, the Colossal beast, and the two huge freaks.
[/sblock]
[sblock=28]
Upon really close inspection, you notice that there seems to be a small furry mammal, possibly a badger, following the monsters. It seems unafraid of them, and they are ignoring it.
[/sblock]

Also, keep in mind that this is just an Acid test, and will have no bearing on the actual story of the game, but feel free to test out your characters personalities and interactions with the other party members as well!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock=OOC]spot 40 because of my keen senses i only take a -10 to my spot check so i see every thing as soon as they show up... with 80' to spare
Init 28[/sblock]
Aussir starts to dance around as soon as they appear. "Aussir see them! Aussir see them! Aussir sees big ugly, little uglies! Aussir sees the bugs! Aussir sees the badger!... Badger? Aussir sees Badger? Why Aussir sees badger? Why badger?" Aussir stops his dance and stands puzzled. He starts to look around at the others questionly. "Why there be badger?"

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Duvalis pulls the tip of his ornate and ancient looking glaive out of the sand as his feet and slowly walked 20 feet forward and 25 feet up in the air aloft on a set of brown and golden speckled wings. The human in form looked massive and battle hardened and was ready for whatever stood between him and vengeance for his slain beloved.

"What badger? I just see one *huge* thing... an enormous swarm, and two larger beings in the swarm. Duvalis said as his rough and crass voice echoed above Aussir as he readied his glaive for the oncoming charge.

(Holding Attack action in case something comes within 10 feet of me)

[sblock=Stat Block]HP: 894/894
AC: 87 / Flat Footed: 87 / Touch: 79 (*+4/6 when Skirmishing*)
Init: +27
Attacks: +75[Hasted]/+75/+70/+65/+60 to Hit / 1d10+63+2d6[1d6 to self] Damage (+6d6 Skirmish +5 Favored Enemy) / 19-20x3 Crit
Movement: 90 Land, 150 Fly, Perfect / Freedom of Movement / Tumble +64, Perform (Dance)+49 / Feather Fall / Teleportation 3/day / Flawless Stride
Sight/Vision: 360' Vision (Can't Be Flanked, Dex to AC, See Invis. and Ethereal at will) / Darkvison 120' / Low Light Vision 60 ' / Blindfight / Blindsense 30'
DR: 15/Epic
DR Bypass: Epic/Magic/Adamantine
Crit Bypass: Undead
SR: 48
Immunities/Resistances: Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, Sonic 30
Spells/Class Traits/Other
Track
Dervish Dance 3/3 per day
Haste (Boots of Speed) 10/10 Rounds per day (Free Action)
Haste (Boots of Swiftness) 3/3 per Day (Standard Action, Lasts 20 rounds)
Haste (Paragon) 3/3 per day (Standard Action, Lasts 15 Rounds)
Skills of Note:
Spot: +52
Search +45
Listen +47
Hide +54
Move Silently + 54
Sense Motive +52 [/sblock]

Last edited:

The tiny dragon started flying around exitedly, waving around his glowing Sword. It's light gleaming off his chain shirt, spraying across his scales revealing other colors among the white.
"Badger! Behind them! There badger following them!" He starts pointing exitedly past the oncoming monsters. "Maybe after fight Aussir cook up some badger stew? Very tasy!"

Rathan

First Post
Duvalis looks down to the tiny creature then up, and around as he flies about... "I do believe with have more to worry about than.... badger stew... pay attention and get ready" Duvalis bellows as he waits to see the creatures advance and how they move...

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
There's a rustle in the brush from behind the two powerhouses as they watch the oncoming doom, and out steps an old woman with stern features that were probably once striking in appearance. Now all that's left of that is a powerful vitality in her eyes that belies her white hair and wrinkled face. In one gnarled hand she clutches a crooked staff used as a walking stick. She wears a simple brown cassock festooned with fetishes and medicine pouches and other, odder trinkets.

She eyes the flying man and the tiny multicolored dragonet for a moment each, then fixes her gimlet gaze on the distant, but rapidly approaching creatures.

"So it begins at last," the crone sighs, and rests her hands atop her walking stick before her. "They send their twisted spawn to attack the guardians of the world. Well let them come. One way or another, we will finally know now."

(OOC - Oops, add 3 to my knowledge check. Forgot to include my stat bonus. Hee.)

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Duvalis sighed softly as he listened the the newcomer speak...

"Let them come old woman.. tis time we show them what the guardians of this place are made of. The time of sitting idly by a wishing for things past to change are over, it's time we take this ball of rock and grass by the short-hairs and make it remember why we're here." Duvalis said softly as he hovered over the ground waiting and watching.

Aussir calms down some what when the crone walks out. He flits back and forth."And the badger, what about the badger? The badger worries Aussir... lots of uglies and a badger. Why is there a badger..." Aussir look to Duvalis. "Wing guy can have the badger. Aussir calls dibs on the big one."

Rathan

First Post
Duvalis again sighed as he looked to the old crone below him, then to the dargonette and shook his head.

"If we are to make the best of this clash we *need* to work together. I am at my best if I have a lot room to maneuver. I will dance circles around them however we need to focus our efforts on one at a time and pinpoint all the damage we can one at a time if possible. Which target should we single out first?" Duvalis said softly as he looked to them both.

Shayuri

First Post
"For all we know, the badger is the most dangerous," the crone points out with a chuckle. "It's not a bad idea to plan, but a good plan requires good information; which we are sorely lacking. We may have to start with improvisation, and plan as we go."

Remove ads