Gaming w/Jemal: War of the Gods (Acid Test)

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc] Just waiting on Dharuhk, especially since he's the character with all the knowledge skills who might be able to discern what some of these things are.

Shayuri(Crone): Spot 19, Init 27, Knowledge: Nature 51
Rathan(Duvalis): Spot 20, Init 34
Flesh(Aussir): Spot 40, Init 28
Dharuhk(Ghatto):Spot X, Init X

[sblock=Shayuri]
The Crone recognizes that the largest of the creatures appears cat-like, but it has been greatly mutated.[/sblock][/sblock]

Aussir starts to figit, glancing about at those around him. "Um... How close gonna let uglies come? Aussir could attack now... Or some one else want first? Aussir be nice and wait turn?"

Last edited:

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Ghatto Link maintains his location in the brushes, even as an old woman moves right past him without noticing. He surveys the arriving monsters from his hidng spot.

[sblock=OOC]
Ghatto's not late to the party, hes just hiding and being shy :p. For anybody who wants to refute my theory, thaats a spot check for yas lol.

Oops, forgot the -40 to my spot, so its actually only 46.

Also, you mentioned knowledge checks, so in the same order as listed (Nature, Arcana, Dungeoneering) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Round 1: FIGHT

The Guardians watch the creatures, deciding what to do, as they take in the truley hideous natures of their opponents.

Aside from the Gigantic Swarm, there are three visible monsters.

The largest is a Collosal Cat with patchworked skin, as though sewn from dozens of creatures, with Four tentacles writhe from its flesh. It has horns, over a dozen eyes, a demonic tail, angelic wings, a long slavering tongue, and a horizontal stone cylindar growing from the back of each leg.

Next in line is a Gargantuan slug with a mawful of razor sharp teeth, also with four writhing tentacles.
Beside it is a floating, Huge white rock with numerous tentacles, two of which are much thicker and end in what appear to be spike-covered hands.

As you observe the creatures approach, formalizing your strategy, there is a sudden impact beside Duvalis, as a thirty foot tall muscle-bound, rune-covered giant wearing nothing but a pair of baggy shorts falls from the cloudy sky, dust billowing from the small crater he has just created "The gods send their greetings." his deep voice bellows as he begins raining blows upon the valkyrie.
[sblock=initiative order]
Giant
Duvalis
Ghatto
Cat
Swarm
Aussir
Crone
Huge Tentacle Monster
Gargantuan Tentacle monster

Duvalis/Ghatto to act.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ghatto's knowledge]The Gigantic swarm is what appears to be Tiny, flying shocker lizards. Thousands of them.

The largest creature beneath the swarm is a collosal Leopard with four tentacles.
it's a Very advanced Leopard with an insane amount of Grafts: You recognize pieces of Fiendish, Illithid, Draconic, Maug, Silthilar, Aboleth, Beholder, and Undead, though there may be more you haven't noticed.

The second largest is a beast known as a Balhannoth. This one is Gargantuan, much larger than any you've heard of before, and has feathered wings (A common fiendish graft).
Balhannnoth:Gargantuan Magical Beast. MM4, feel free to read whatever you want about it.

The smallest of the beasts (Aside from the badger) is a true freak of nature, something that should not be able to exist. It's a Huge Wendigo(Fiend Folio) Tauric(Savage Species/MM2) Roper/Choker hybrid. You can read any of the entries, though you've never heard of this particular combination before, and its obviously advanced in size like the rest of the monsters.

The badger is a badger.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Monster rolls will be made in secret so as to refrain from giving away their stats too early.
First off, sorry for not giving the good descriptions before. Also, bit of a retcon, one of the huge beasts is actually gargantuan, giving you the swarm, the collosal tentacled... cat... thing, the gargantuan... mass of tentacles, and the huge... mass of tentacles.
CTHULU BEWARE!

Now, to combat stats. The giant is 30' tall, huge, so he's attacking at equal height with Duvalis (Who was stated as flying 25' up). He hits 4 times, dealing 70, 61, 63, 68, bypassing magic/epic DR.
It's now Duvalis & Ghatto's turns.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Duvalis tumbles to the ground and lands to one knee. He wipes the blood from the corner of his mouth and just smiles softly.

"And the gods will soon know my power first hand...." Duvalis says as he rolls and shifts and tumbles to the giants feet.

[sblock=Actions]Fast Healing 20

Free Action: Activate 10 rounds of haste from boots.

Move: Duvalis will tumble/dance to close with the giant to within 10 feet. (reach weapon range) as he starts his dervish dance (12 rounds). AC improved from movement from scout.

Standard: Once at the Giant I will dance about him in an impressive show a whirling blur of flesh and glaive, getting off 5 attacks, with 5 feet of movement between them.

Move2: If I have movement left I will move 20 feet back from him still holding my dance and wait to attack again next round.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
HP: 652/894
AC: 87 / Flat Footed: 87 / Touch: 79 (*+4/6 when Skirmishing*) (93 Current)
Init: +27
Attacks: +75[Hasted]/+75/+70/+65/+60 to Hit / 1d10+63+2d6[1d6 to self] Damage (+6d6 Skirmish +5 Favored Enemy) / 19-20x3 Crit
Movement: 90 Land, 150 Fly, Perfect / Freedom of Movement / Tumble +64, Perform (Dance)+49 / Feather Fall / Teleportation 3/day / Flawless Stride
Sight/Vision: 360' Vision (Can't Be Flanked, Dex to AC, See Invis. and Ethereal at will) / Darkvison 120' / Low Light Vision 60 ' / Blindfight / Blindsense 30'
DR: 15/Epic
DR Bypass: Epic/Magic/Adamantine
Crit Bypass: Undead
SR: 48
Immunities/Resistances: Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, Sonic 30
Spells/Class Traits/Other:
Track
Dervish Dance 2/3 per day (11/12 Rounds)
Haste (Boots of Speed) 9/10 Rounds per day (Free Action)
Haste (Boots of Swiftness) 3/3 per Day (Standard Action, Lasts 20/20 rounds)
Haste (Paragon) 3/3 per day (Standard Action, Lasts 15/15 Rounds)
Skills of Note:
Spot: +52
Search +45
Listen +47
Hide +54
Move Silently + 54
Sense Motive +52[/sblock]

(If you need damage rolls or crit confirms or anything rolled Jemal.. let me know please)

Last edited:

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Ghatto surveys the incoming opponents. Using what he knows from them, he determines his best target to be the hideous cat making its way towards them. Moving out of the brush away from the monsters, with his fellow warriors blocking off the direct path from the monsters to him, he commences bombarding the cat with daggers.

[sblock=OOC]
Alrighty, bombardment time. Full power attack and expertise, cause I expect whatever that thing is to have the lowest touch AC out of all the critters, and with the way that last guy hit I want to get my own AC up.

Using Haste from my boots. Using my Chronocharm of the horizon walker to move 45 ft and put myself between party members/the giant, just in case any of them are within charge distance of me. Then I will full round the cat.

Full Round Attack (w/ Haste/Rapid Shot/Slashing Fury/Power Attack 18/Expertise 18/Fighting Defensivly): +3x16/-2x4/+33x4/-6x4 1d4+11 Crit: 17-20 x3

K, I messed up the second wave, its at -2 not -7.

Attack Results:
Touch AC: 7, 15, Nat 20 (confirm 8), 22 (confirm Nat 1), 12, 18, 22 (confirm 6), 22 (Confirm 21), 8, 16, Nat 20 (Confirm 14), 22 (Confirm 18), 15, 18, 18, 5, 6, 8, 14, 19 (Confirm Nat 1), -1, Nat 20 (Confirm 6), 12 (Confirm 7), -5, -3, -1, -5, -9.

Lets just hope its touch AC is under 20 ;p

Then I pull out my +5 Defending Broadbladed Shortsword. Current AC is 99 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative/Map]
Init:
*Giant
*Duvalis
*Ghatto
*Cat
*Swarm
Aussir
Crone
Huge Tentacle Monster
Gargantuan Tentacle monster
*=Acted this round
Aussir/Crone's turn.

As far as organization, I'm not sure how you were organized, from posts it appeared that Duvalis was 20' ahead (he posted walking forwards before combat started), and I assume the rest of you are clustered within about 10-20 feet of each other behind him.

*Not the best map, but I'm on a tight schedule ATM, so it'll have to do for now.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXCCCCCCXXX
XXXGGGXZZZCCCCCCXXX
XXXGGGXZXXCCCCCCXXX
XXXGGGXZXXCCCCCCXXX
XXXXXZZZXXCCCCCCXXX
XXXXXZXXX2CCCCCCXXX
XXXXX1XX4XX3XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
x=5'square
1=Duvalis (Z=Dervish path)
2=Ghatto
3=Aussir
4=Crone
c=Cat
G=Giant 20' in the air)
Red = swarm (30' in air)
R=Huge Tentacle Monster *still off map 500' away*
B=Gargantuan Tentacle Monster *still off map 500' away*

[/sblock]

Duvalis answers the giants assault with one of his own, dashing inside its reach and slashing repeatedly, though only one of his strikes penetrates the things skin, drawing a long gash across its shin.
Ghatto throws a hail of daggers at the cat, and though some fall short, over a dozen stick into the things hide.
with a roar of pain and anger that is likely heard back at the city, the cat's wings spread and it leaps into the air, the enormous thing zooming across the distance to the party in seconds, its eyes locked upon the man that just turned it into a pin-cushion. It glares down at him and roars again, a wave of fear washes over the party.

Meanwwhile, the swarm surges forwards.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Rathan, You only need to make a single tumble check, and it applies to all your movement for the round. Also, I assume you move 20' before attacking to get the Improved Skirmish bonuses.
You hit once.
Ghatto got 17 hits, three of which were crits.
Everybody needs Will save DC 62 vs fear or be shaken.
Aussir/Old Crone's turn
[/sblock]

Aussir Starts to shake and tremble As the Monsterous cat roars, though not from fear but anger! "NO! NO! Aussir strong! Aussir not weak! Aussir will not run from ugly! Aussir show ugly what fear is!" In a blur of movment Aussir quickly scampers into the creature's square, up its leg and on to it's back. Once there he raises his Glowing katona in one forelimb, it vanishes in a flash and in his other he now holds a different katana one that doesn't glow as much. Griping it with both forelimbs he proceeds to rain strikes down on the creature. He suddenly starts making sounds similar to barks and howls.
[sblock=winterwolf]"UGLY EAT THIS! AND THIS! AUSSIR GONNA EAT UGLY! GONNA ROAST THIS PART AND FRY THAT ONE! GONNA FREAZE THIS! GONNA HAVE THIS PART RAW! AUSSIR EAT FACE! AUSSIR EAT FACE!"[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=combat] i'm using climbaboard from my giant banefeat, under the assumption that since he moved next to me this is my following action, though it says following turn.if I am wrong in this assuption then i nip at it's heels instead. well i get soft cover cause i'm in it's square, moving into it causes no attack of opertunity, i 5' step if i can't use climbaboard. i switched weapons because none of my opponents have armour and this weapon lets me see invisible opponents. should of had it out to start with since it has +5 init.... and the see invisible thingi hope but doubt that the will save is a frightfull pressence some how. so i'ma gonna be shaken for this unless i nat 20 the save. i use combat expertise and power attack both at -2, so my attacks are +67/+62/+57+/+52/+59 and the damage 1d8+86/1d8+86/1d8+86/1d8+86/1d3+29 my damage bypasses magic and epic this turn, the following turn it will bypass any material dr the creature has. if the creature wants me off it has to grapple me vs my climb of +88... shocked i nat20'd the save.... time to change the numbers a bit...

Hp736 dr1/- immunity to crits, and elements, resist sonic 30
Ac82(86vscat if climb aboard works)
touch34/38
flat 76/80
flat/touch 28/32
attacks 70/80/62/70/crit miss
damage 91/88/89/87
blind sense 30'
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Trundling up almost casually, comes Killikak. Stoically, he stands and observes the coming horde. To the old woman, he nods. "They shall not pass us." is all he adds. He stands with his glaive out and awaits the enemy.

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
[sblock=OOC] K, heres my damage results. I've decided to go with invisible castle here, cause its just WAY too hard to do it all with this dice roller here.
Non-Crit Attacks on cat. (1d4+34=37, 1d4+34=38, 1d4+34=35, 1d4+34=38, 1d4+34=37, 1d4+34=36, 1d4+34=37, 1d4+34=37, 1d4+34=38, 1d4+34=38, 1d4+34=36, 1d4+34=35, 1d4+34=36, 1d4+34=35)

Crit Hits (2d4+10d6+102=142, 2d4+10d6+102=130, 2d4+10d6+102=143)

I screwed up with the crit hits, they are supposed to be x3, not x2. I added the additional d4s of damage with the dice roller here.

Total Damage: 939
He's also immune to the fear effect.
[/sblock]

Ghatto smiles in satisfaction to himself as his attacks savage the monstrosity. It flys up to challenge him, and he is not willing to back down. Its roar only served to inspire him as he stood tall, not hiding or shying away, and met the creatures gaze with his own burning stare. "Lets dance!"

Remove ads