Gaming w/Jemal: War of the Gods (Acid Test)

Shayuri

First Post
A glint entered the witch's eyes as the first thrusts and parries of the battle began. The champions of the gods were strange and vile; patchwork pastiches of their various creations.

But then, was she really any different?

With a laugh the crone threw her hands up, tossing the staff away, and exploded outward and upward. A vast draconic body loomed overhead where she'd stood, with great wings that were not much more than transparent planes of force, and a yellow-gold body that shimmered with a thick layer of energy overlapping its scales. Her laughter became a thick, booming roar that bent grass and brush ahead of her.

Then, to demonstrate that her bite was at least as bad as her bark, the new-formed force dragon opened its gargantuan mouth wide...and a wall of solid light spilled from between its jaws; spreading to the sides to clip the giant and the giant cat-thing alike...and arrowing straight ahead to confront the swarm of lizards head on!

(Move Action: Wildshape to Juvenile Force Dragon. Str now 60. Con now 44. AC now 86. Standard action: Breath Weapon! 60' cone directly north. Does 20d12 damage with Ref save DC 44 for half. Damage roll below. Also, because I'm attacking, Giant, Cat and Swarm are subject to Dragon Fright, Will save DC 37 negates.)

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative/map]
Init:
*Giant
*Duvalis
*Ghatto
*Cat
*Swarm
*Aussir
*Crone
*Huge Tentacle Monster
*Gargantuan Tentacle monster
Killikak
*=Acted this round
Killikaks Turn

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

x=5'square
X=Duvalis
X=Ghatto
X=Aussir
XXXX=Crone
X=Killikak
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
10X10 XXX = swarm (30' in air)
3x3 XXX=Huge Tentacle Monster (20' in air)
4x4 XXXX=Gargantuan Tentacle Monster (20' in air)

OK, the different letters was messing up the spacing, so I've swapped over to colour-coded.
I've based the PC's colours on their speaking text, Killikak hasn't chosen oen yet, so I'm using black as a placeholder. (Had to change Shayuri's to Lime b/c he's the lighter green between him and Dharuhk, and the two were too close together.
[/sblock]

Aussir Scrambles onto the giant cat-beast's back, hacking at its flesh and cleaving chunks out of it while the old crone grows in size, becoming a gargantuan dragon and exhaling pain upon her foes. The cat recoils, though seems much more concerned with the dozens of daggers in its hide, and the tiny dragon on its back, than the larger dragon facing it. The giant deftly dives out of the way of the attack, and several dead bugs fall from the swarm.

Racing forwards, the two tentacled monsters arrive at the scene, the smaller one lashing out with one of its tentacles as it closes with supernatural quickness. The tentacle strikes the Force Dragon, latching on as it saps your strength.
Meanwhile, the larger tentacle monster flies over the melee, cutting off the guardians 'retreat'

[sblock=OOC/Combat]
I'll allow Aussir to climb aboard, I'm going to rule that the wording on it means you have to START your turn adjacent to the target, doesn't matter whether it's because you came to him or he came to you.
Duvalis deals 6 damage to himself with the vicious weapon on his hit.
Shayuri, you need a Fort Save vs Ability damage.
Killikak's Turn.
[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Killikaka's face remains grim and determined as he watches the tentacled monster fly overhead. They would deal with that one in time. For now there were plenty of things to attack. Killikak shifted his feet, assuming the strength of the mountains of his home. His glaive whirled into action as he stuck out at the giant facing him.

[sblock=OOC:]
Assume defensive stance. Attack the giant.
+4 Str, +6 AC
Full attack, 4 attack rolls

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Round 2

[sblock=initiative/map]
Round 2 Init:
*Giant
Duvalis
Ghatto
Cat
Swarm
Aussir
Crone
Huge Tentacle Monster
Gargantuan Tentacle monster
Killikak
*=Acted this round
Duvalis' turn

x=5'square
X=Duvalis
X=Ghatto
X=Aussir
XXXX=Crone
X=Killikak
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
10X10 XXX = swarm (30' in air)
3x3 XXX=Huge Tentacle Monster (20' in air)
4x4 XXXX=Gargantuan Tentacle Monster (20' in air)

I changed Killikak's size b/c I had him as a medium creature and just remembered that he's large.[/sblock]

Killikak's glaive whirls and strikes, but the giant is far more nimble than it appears, deflecting each blow before continuing its relentless assault on Duvalis. The giant then grins down at the Valkryie, and raises his arm for a massive backhand.. before dissapearing and reappearing behind Killikak, unleashing the backhand on the dwarf.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Duvalis gets hit 3 times, for 60, 66, and 70 dmg (Overcoming your dR/Epic). You need two fort saves DC 54 vs stun.
Killikak gets hit once for 66 (15 after DR), and also needs a DC 54 fort vs stun.
Duvalis' turn.
[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Killikak 1004/1020 HP

Killikak grins as the giant taps him a bit and simply turning he maintains his stance and attacks with his glaive again.

Fenris

Adventurer
Killikak's glaive whirls and strikes, but the giant is far more nimble than it appears, deflecting each blow before continuing its relentless assault on Duvalis. The giant then grins down at the Valkryie, and raises his arm for a massive backhand.. before dissapearing and reappearing behind Killikak, unleashing the backhand on the dwarf.

OOC: Wow. I rolled an 18 with my best attack and I missed. Damn this is going to be a LONG fight.

Rathan

First Post
Not shaken in the least by the big cats presence Duvalis keeps his eye on the giant prize so to speak. Duvalis growled low in his throat as the giant continued the assault on them and like the coward he knew he was teleported away only to attack the new comer to the guardian group using his skillful and deadly dance and masterful tumbling techniques Duvalis hopes to avoid attacks as he makes his way for the runed giant once more.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: None

Move: I will tumble/dance (making sure to move at least 20' before getting to him) to close with the giant once more and once within ten feet once again I will open up with a hasted full round attack on him. I'm hoping to move through/over/under the large dwarf but if that is not possible I will go around to the south of him to get to big runed and nasty hehe.

Standard: Full Round Dervish attack on giant.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
HP: 476/894
AC: 87 / Flat Footed: 87 / Touch: 79 (*+4/6 when Skirmishing*)
Init: +27
Saves: Fort: +49 / Refl: +55 / Will: +45
Attacks: +75[Hasted]/+75/+70/+65/+60 to Hit / 1d10+63+2d6[1d6 to self] Damage (+6d6 Skirmish +5 Favored Enemy) / 19-20x3 Crit
Movement: 90 Land, 150 Fly, Perfect / Freedom of Movement / Tumble +64, Perform (Dance)+49 / Feather Fall / Teleportation 3/day / Flawless Stride
Sight/Vision: 360' Vision (Can't Be Flanked, Dex to AC, See Invis. and Ethereal at will) / Darkvison 120' / Low Light Vision 60 ' / Blindfight / Blindsense 30'
DR: 15/Epic
DR Bypass: Epic/Magic/Adamantine
Crit Bypass: Undead
SR: 48
Immunities/Resistances: Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, Sonic 30
Spells/Class Traits/Other
Track
Dervish Dance 3/3 per day
Haste (Boots of Speed) 10/10 Rounds per day (Free Action)
Haste (Boots of Swiftness) 3/3 per Day (Standard Action, Lasts 20 rounds)
Haste (Paragon) 3/3 per day (Standard Action, Lasts 15 Rounds)
Skills of Note:
Spot: +52
Search +45
Listen +47
Hide +54
Move Silently + 54
Sense Motive +52[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc] Fenris, please wait till your turn to post actions. Also, if there are multiple opponents and you have trouble affecting one...

Just waiting on Dharuhk to take Ghatto's turn before I can update.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc] Fenris, please wait till your turn to post actions. Also, if there are multiple opponents and you have trouble affecting one...

Just waiting on Dharuhk to take Ghatto's turn before I can update.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry. Just wanted to make sure you weren't waiting on me. Every PbP runs a little differently. I shall await my cue next time.

And natch ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads