Gaming w/Jemal : War of the Gods Pt 1. (Attn: All)

Jemal

Adventurer
Setis recalls everybody to the Astral, making sure they are alone there before heading off to meet with the refugees in the ethereal. Once they have returned the Flynn Refugees to the Prime, they are faced with the big question - What now?
You are safe - at least for the moment - from the rampages of the Gods, but your world is most definitely not. Something needs to be done, and you have already proven that you can hold your own against steep odds, though aren't quite ready to face the gods directly just yet.

Maybe one of your companions knows something or someone that could help you on your way?

[sblock=ooc]
So if any of the characters has anything from their background that you think could be useful, or if you as a player have an Idea, feel free to express it. We're in free-RP mode at the moment.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Elle felt a burning passion inside her, stirring her up, making her feel restless. She has gotten her first taste of battle with the gods, and found possible means to fill her stomach with it once and for all.

"So what is it we are all waiting for?" She flies up just off the ground so she could get a good look at all her companions. "What is it you were all expecting to accomplish by going to that meeting? Surely you didn't all arrive their waiting to be pointed in a direction and told to charge like scared rookies. I'm sure at least a few of you have plans, ideas of how you want to go about challenging divinity itself."

She lands next to the dwarf Kilikak, reaching up to place a hand on his broad shoulders. "We have shed blood in a scene most mortals couldn't even fathom, much less dread. We know we have the strength. Now we have to ask whether or not we have the WILL to do what needs to be done." She quickly surveys the gathered adventurers again.

"And where is it that druid went... whats his name... Furel? Where is he, and what did he have in mind when he set all this up? We need to determine our course of action, and make a move before our smallest of chances slips away."

Shayuri

First Post
"What we need," growled Setis, back in her old woman's seeming, "is a modicum of common sense. The gods surpass us in power, but they are overconfident...which allows us to surpass them in guile and hit them where they are vulnerable."

"Gods, for all their power, are singular beings. They depend on minions and followers to execute their plans. Any long-term strategy must take them into account. Undermining their ability to command the faith and loyalty of their followers will strip away their power until they are naked and vulnerable and alone...and then we can pounce."

She tweaked her own bulbous nose and mused, "Ironically, a good way to start that undermining process might just be to kill a god or two, just to show it can be done. But not just any god. We must imitate the lion's pride. Wait and watch, hidden in the tall grass as the gods fight between themselves. When one is wounded, weakened, or flees, we follow it and finish it off."

Aussir flits over and lands on Elle's shoulder and scratches behind his ear. "Trueth, Aussir not from this place. Aussir from long way off. Aussir only here to help stop. Mostly Aussir along for the ride." The tiny creature shrugs. "Aussir think found good group this time. Aussir last group not do so well on their task. Here for make up assignment. Aussir not want to die this time please. Not pleasent."

Fenris

Adventurer
Killikak glanced down at Elle, his face impassive. He listens to Setis but betrays no reaction. After Aussir speaks, Killikak rouses himself to speak, as though a mountain has awoken.

"I think Setis has the rightness of it. We need to wait and allow the gods to make a mistake. Patience is our ally, time our bastion. My interest is in the preservation of my people and that shall ever be my goal and define my actions. So I seek the best course for my people. However, there is a grain of action within what Elle says. For if we wait and do nothing surely all will die as we await our opportunity to strike. I think we need to provoke the gods into a strike. The blow stuck swiftly often goes astray." Killikak pauses for a moment,deep in his own thoughts.

"We must meet them on our terms. Here is what I propose. An ambush, draw a few into a remote place and kill them. Not on our home plane, I would prefer that we keep all destruction there to a minimum. Some remote plane somewhere. We set up there and wait. We leak out word that some group of adventurers has found a relic, a true relic of the Elder days that would give the gods who wield it an advantage over the others. They will not wait to rally a whole army, but rather send a quick group to retrieve it. Swift, small and wholly unaware of what will await them. We will have to work quickly as reinforcements will surely some quickly. But as Setis said all we need is one. One god dead", one death to start an avalanche that will not be stopped.
Killikak's deep rumble of a voice trailed off.

As Killikak speaks Aussir nods as if in agreement but then shrugs. The tiny creature then flits over to land on Killikak's head. "Might be a good start but rumors only do so much. After first time get attacked, if first time attacked, what grants second? Gods need to belive that there be shiny there. If not, not work... be better if there is a shiny there. Then gods comitted, no rumors but truths." Aussir looks around and shrugs. "Aussir been around the block a time or more."

Fenris

Adventurer
As Killikak speaks Aussir nods as if in agreement but then shrugs. The tiny creature then flits over to land on Killikak's head. "Might be a good start but rumors only do so much. After first time get attacked, if first time attacked, what grants second? Gods need to belive that there be shiny there. If not, not work... be better if there is a shiny there. Then gods comitted, no rumors but truths." Aussir looks around and shrugs. "Aussir been around the block a time or more."

"And do you have a shiny that would draw the gods Aussir? Remember all we need to do is kill ONE god. Begin the process of drawing down people worshiping them in order to weaken them. That is the idea of Setis' plan." replies Killikak trying to untangle Aussir's tail from his beard.

Jemal

Adventurer
As they discuss plans, Setis finds herself looking at the Seed. If it truly is the Seed of the First Tree, it may be important enough to entice a god.. But which god? The gods of nature were mostly neutral in this struggle, killing one of them would not help much.

[sblock=ooc]
As stated before, Good ideas and initiative shall be rewarded. ;)
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Setis purses her lips. "I have some things that might help. I liberated a few unique artifacts from the city before it fell. It seemed a shame to let them be destroyed, or lost for centuries. One in particular has importance and power enough that a god might be enticed. The only known seed that still remains from the First Tree."

She let that sink in, then said, "The gods of the Green have, according to their nature, not participated in the war for more than self-defense. Killing one wouldn't prove much of a point, and might antagonize them enough to get them more involved."

"However, the enemies of Nature are well and truly mired in the fight, and any of them being defeated by mortal hands would send a signal none could ignore. I suggest we find a lower ranking servitor of...perhaps the drider queen of the drow, since the Seed would be inexpressibly sacred to elfkind. We let this lesser god know of the Seed, in such a way that he believes the news comes from his own spies. He will be driven to possess the Seed, either to gain his dark lady's favor...or to gain power enough to unseat her. But because he can't move too obviously, he won't bring an army with him...rather he'll try to move without the other gods knowing he's doing so."

"All of this plays into our hands. If we are convincing enough, and the god covetous enough, and our ambush devastating enough, we will spill divine blood and change the face of this war."

Fenris

Adventurer
Killikak looks over to Setis for validation that he had interpreted her intent correctly. Seeing her looking at the seed gives him an idea. "Ok, I have an idea. let us say that we have found a tree. A tree of knowledge. That eating the fruit tof this tree will give us the knowledge to defeat our enemies. Now trees are symbolic in many different pantheons. Trees of life, trees of knowledge, trees that connect worlds. That is something worth fighting for. That is an artifact that will send the gods scurrying if only to destroy it and keep it out of our hands. So a tree with say golden pomegranates, that when eaten will give the person knowledge of a weakness of his opponent. Maybe each aril ca be used as ammunition in a sling that when cast acts as a bane weapon to that enemy" suggest Killikak.

Remove ads