Gaming with Gygax

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Quartz said:
The SDMB.

Ah. Nope. I used to lurk there but I'm not a poster there and never have been. Feel free to link this thread there or copy it there if you like. Let me know if you do, I'd love to get to see the reactions of the folks there.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
diaglo said:
0 hps = dead mang.

you, sir, are dead to me. ;)

Uh oh!

Looks like Gary wasn't playing "the one true game" b/c he let us live into a negative hit points equal to our level. In this case -2. :p

Rel

Liquid Awesome
diaglo said:
0 hps = dead mang.

you, sir, are dead to me. ;)

The Un-houseruled OD&D players are extinct. Their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that remains of their religion.

Henry

Autoexreginated
A few quotes from that illustrious game that I wrote on the back of my (now-unpacked) character sheet:

"So far, our spellcasting has been as selfish as it is ineffectual."
-Rel, on seeing my cure spells and el-remmen's failed Charm Person on "his future gnoll slave."

Gary:"...something gelatinous surrounding the mule..."
Rel and PCat simultaneously:"YES!"

(sound of a breaking door) "FEAR THE WIZARD!"
-el-remmen and his dungeon cart

El-remmen: "Stairs? Is there a wheelchair ramp for the cart?"
Rel: "This dungeon is not OSHA-compliant."

Hypersmurf has the infamous "northwest" map, and due to a luggage problem, it may not have made it back home yet. :)
Gentlegamer said:
As I read, I kept waiting for the kobolds to appear and slaughter the party.
By the way, a recent note from Gary:

Gary Gygax said:
...and you did well, missing the Old Guard Kobolds by only some 70 feet to passageway when you were exploring southwards, (If only you had continues south instead of heading east, heh-heh-heh....)

:D

Riggs

First Post
Legolasgimli24 said:
Everytime you tell that story I laugh louder.....

EVERY time? I hope this is sarcastic!

On a funny note, one guy on my team at work I told this to was pretty geeked out by association and was ready to spring it on his gaming buddies today at lunch--but they all had already read about it and could cite details from it, such as "...rolled a nat 20 on the greek fire to kill the cube" and one corrected "It was a flask of oil!"

Nice work, Qdoba boys...

Remove ads