Gaming with Gygax

Henry

Autoexreginated
Riggs said:
...and could cite details from it, such as "...rolled a nat 20 on the greek fire to kill the cube" and one corrected "It was a flask of oil!"

God, what a bunch of geeks! Just because someone gets to game with Gary Gygax..

*squeal*

is no reason to get all crazy about it. ;)

Riggs

First Post
I was describing the super-excited state you all must have been in to my team by using the Wendy's commercial about bacon. The one where all the Beatles/Elvis-type groupies are screaming but with guy faces superimposed....that was you guys, right?

Attachments

• ModsWithEGG.JPG
    ModsWithEGG.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 325

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Riggs said:
EVERY time? I hope this is sarcastic!

On a funny note, one guy on my team at work I told this to was pretty geeked out by association and was ready to spring it on his gaming buddies today at lunch--but they all had already read about it and could cite details from it, such as "...rolled a nat 20 on the greek fire to kill the cube" and one corrected "It was a flask of oil!"

Nice work, Qdoba boys...

I'm FAMOUS(er)!!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Riggs said:
EVERY time? I hope this is sarcastic!

Yes, every time. In very small increments, of course. But eventually, if the story is told enough, the planet will be shattered by the sonic stresses. If the story is then told once more beyond that, the Sun goes nova...

Riggs

First Post
Umbran said:
Yes, every time. In very small increments, of course. But eventually, if the story is told enough, the planet will be shattered by the sonic stresses. If the story is then told once more beyond that, the Sun goes nova...

But I live around Rel, so every time could mean a helluva lot!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Here are the photos:

modsngary.jpg

This is the group photo after the game. From left to right: Eridanis, Rel, the notorious El-Remmen, Henry, Piratecat, and Hypnosmurf.

Eridanis' daughter (Kate?) and the honorable E. Gary Gygax are in the front row.

gary_table.jpg

Henry working very diligently (if inaccurately) on the map. ;)

rels20.jpg

Rel's cube-killing natural 20!

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Tolja I was grinning!

In retrospect it's probably a good thing that I was wearing my traditional "First Night of GenCon" Rel shirt instead of the...slightly less grandma friendly one that has my CM avatar on it.

Breakdaddy

First Post
I was working the Troll Lord booth so was fortunate enough to have gotten to hang out with Gary a bit after the convention hall was closed. He is a great guy. Alas, I did not get to game with him, so you few are lucky indeed to have been able to roll dice with him.

Remove ads