• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gathering the MM4 Monster List

Knight Otu

First Post
SinisterSage said:
Four stat blocks, two errors, the people from WotC are fulfilling their quota.
I haven't gone hunting yet, though I saw the discussion about the bastard sword non-error. What errors do you see?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Shade said:
Also, I only count 73 new creatures. The rest are either classed MM creatures, advanced versions of other creatures, or sample templated creatures.

It looks bad, but the inclusion of new demons and yugoloths keeps it as "must buy" status for me. :\
You know, the more I read about this book, the less I want it. :\

EldonG

First Post
WOOHOO!!!

There must be a dozen monsters in there that I could actually use! Heck, there might even be 2 or 3 I wouldn't just template something else to create!

There could even be 1 new, fresh idea!

That's worth AT MINIMUM a buck-fifty...but hey, look, it's in hardback!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i'm not sure, but i think i detect sarcasm in that post. ;)

and, i think, in this one as well. :D

SinisterSage

First Post
Knight Otu said:
I haven't gone hunting yet, though I saw the discussion about the bastard sword non-error. What errors do you see?

Seems like I was a bit hasty in my assessment. I also made the "bastard sword non-error" error.
The "other" error was the dwarven ancestor's jump skill.
It should be Jump +8 (8 Ranks, +6 Str, -6 Speed)

The stat blocks of the wizened elder and the redspawn firebelcher, seem to be flawless.
With only one out of six stat blocks being flawed, the wotc team actually seems to have done a good job with the stats.

Except for the spawn, I also liked the creatures spoiled so far.
Nevertheless, I'm still disappointed about the inclusion of classed monsters. :(

Knight Otu

First Post
SinisterSage said:
Seems like I was a bit hasty in my assessment. I also made the "bastard sword non-error" error.
The "other" error was the dwarven ancestor's jump skill.
It should be Jump +8 (8 Ranks, +6 Str, -6 Speed)

The stat blocks of the wizened elder and the redspawn firebelcher, seem to be flawless.
With only one out of six stat blocks being flawed, the wotc team actually seems to have done a good job with the stats.

Except for the spawn, I also liked the creatures spoiled so far.
Nevertheless, I'm still disappointed about the inclusion of classed monsters. :(
Yes, that Jump modifier is completely wrong, no matter how you slice it. And regarding your last sentence, you are not alone.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads