• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gathering the MM4 Monster List

Razz

Banned
Banned
MM4=Yuck!

See MMI was the best, with MM3 being second best, then MoF, and a tie between MM2 and Fiend Folio...MM4 is going to be the worst.

I like the monsters in MM2 and Fiend Folio, I just wish they errata'd them. I think MM2 is errata'd, I might be wrong, but they errata'd the Phaerimm in MoF, why can't they errata the Klurichir in Fiend Folio?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
since this book is out next month, any idea when the whole list gets posted? when someone gets the book early? ;)

JiCi

First Post
BOZ said:
since this book is out next month, any idea when the whole list gets posted? when someone gets the book early? ;)
A guy in Japan did get the PH II like 2 weeks early, so it is plausible that this same guy gets the MM IV that early.

Razz

Banned
Banned
Yeah I'm hoping EyeontheMountain or JoeG gets it soon and lists us what's in the book.

I am sorely disappointed mostly by them placing classed monsters in the book like that orc and drow one...so the 100 monster count pretty much is lower than that. :(

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mine as well. Of the creatures listed, it looks like we have several more "not so original" undead, more "treelike protectors", and of course, hordes of spawn.

Concepts #2 and 4 sound promising, and a few of sketches (2nd, 5th, and 6th from the top) look rather inspiring.

Knight Otu

First Post
I was wrong, but your 25 guess isn't confirmed yet. At the moment, it looks like either 20 spawn in total, or no pattern at all. The thunderlizard, I believe, was mentioned as a mount for orcs in Red Hand of Doom (can anyone confirm?), and the Ambusher is too small for that, at Medium size. The burrower might fit the bill, but burrowers tend to make bad mounts.

Note the name changes from earlier sketches - the concordant luminary became the concordant killer, and the greenspawn ambusher became the greenspawn leaper.

The whitespawn hunter is humanoid. Might the whitespawn hordeling be a classed hunter?

Knight Otu

First Post
And I'd like to note one thing - why did Slagger the Chuul's concept have to win?! That is the one concept I absolutely hated. :mad: This is an aberration, not a Construct, whether with the living subtype or not.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads