• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gathering the MM4 Monster List

Knight Otu

First Post
Thanks, added.

I've begun to think that it appears more likely that there are two spawn for each color, rather than three - one humanoid, one bestial. There is no solid proof either way, but so far no creature has surfaced this is definitely a third. Also, the sample encounter of the Redspawn Arcaniss only mentions the Firebelcher - wouldn't it mention the other redspawn somehow if there are more than two?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I believe you are correct. Two of each color seems more than enough for a book with only about 100 monsters to begin with.

Knight Otu

First Post
Thanks, I'm sure the bloodhulk hasn't surfaced anywhere. The ballista might, but I'm not sure.
The angelic avenger is that mini that was designed by a tournament winner, isn't it? I'll add them, but mark the ballista and the avenger as not certain. :)

Mercule

Adventurer
Shade said:
You can add greenspawn sneak to the list.

Blech. No more humanoid dragon things. Is there really a market for these? Heck, is there really a market for any more dragon things, period? Weren't these rather tapped in Draconomicon?

Well, I know that there are at least ten monsters that are utterly worthless to me. None of the items on the above list look interesting, either. Funny that right as MM3 has convinced me that maybe more monster books would be cool, MM4 looks poised to prove that they're not worth the paper.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mercule said:
Well, I know that there are at least ten monsters that are utterly worthless to me. None of the items on the above list look interesting, either. Funny that right as MM3 has convinced me that maybe more monster books would be cool, MM4 looks poised to prove that they're not worth the paper.

Funny, they lost with MMIII and this was their chance to win me back. It wasn't looking very likely, until James Jacobs hinted that two of the demons listed in the Fiendish Codex tables might be in MMIV. Now I'll probably end up buying it for a handful of creatures (like I did with MMIII), but find little use for it otherwise. :(

ForceUser

Explorer
I really enjoyed the MMIII and I adore the DMGII stat block format. But I'm not sure that I will buy a MMIV with only 100 monsters, 25 of which are variants of humanoid dragons that I'll probably never use. :\

Knight Otu

First Post
ForceUser said:
25 of which are variants of humanoid dragons that I'll probably never use. :\
I won't say anything more on the number than I've already said, but keep in mind that not all of the spawn are humanoid - the thunderlizard, razorbeast and firebelcher, most importantly, are not.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Shade said:
Add all that to the utter disappointment of MM III and my utter contempt for the new stat block format, and call my interest dubious at best. :\
With regards to that is there or ia anyone working the stat blocks from MMIII to the Paizo standard?

Remove ads