D&D 5E Gem of Your Collection

trentonjoe

Explorer
I really like the old FR suppplements.

FR2- Moonshae was probably my favortie in 1E

The Giant and Dragon black books from 2E are up there as well.

As usual, hard to narrow down, but for various different reasons:

Best Memories
B4: The Lost City – First adventure I ever played and met my best friend growing up that I gamed with off and on for decades. Besides that, the adventure itself is extremely evocative as just the possible beginning of a great campaign.

Awesome Books that Make Me Happy to Have
Toss-up between Planescape: Tales of the Infinite Staricase and Planescape: Great Modron March adventures. Planescape is my favorite setting with some incredible adventures, but those two stand out as personal favorites to me. Modron March because I love me some modrons! Infinite Staircase because it’s cool and it’s my absolute top pick for adventure format. I would be happy if all modules were structured like Infinite Staircase.

Book Written Specifically for Me and My Weird Tastes that I Can't Believe was Actually Published
3.5 Tome of Magic – Yeah, some of the mechanics (especially Truenaming) are wonky, but I have always preferred the unusual stuff, and that book is absolutely in my sweet spot for the kinds of content I crave. That’s one of my dislikes about starting a new edition is knowing that those sorts of risky books are far down the road if they will even be published at all.

Best Collectible
Probably have more valuable stuff but my most unique collectible is my 3.0 DMG playtest document autographed by Monte Cook. When he signed it, he even said it brought back memories for him, which was nice as well.

Best Achievement Unlocked
My Dragon magazines I was published in, especially the one where my modron article was the cover story.

Imperialus

Explorer
Do you have Teagle Manor? I half ass looked for that for years but could never find one I could afford.

I have Ice Ogre (which I really like) and some other flimsy modules that are less good.

And I hear you on the ruined copies. I had to throw out my caverns of thracia which I just looked up aand is like $250 to replace.
Yeah, I dont' know if I'm ever going to replace my Citystate. Noble Knight is selling the revised edition for almost 300 dollars which is a little extreme. I've got World Emperor which is good enough for the maps, and I've got the IO on PDF for actual gameplay but damn I miss the original.

I don't have many modules. Thieves Fortress is the standout, but I do have quite a few of their assorted reference sheets and books of random tables that are pretty cool. I've got Ready Ref sheets, Castle Book II, Field Guide to Encounters 1, and other stuff like that.

Last edited:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I know that feeling. My current project is old Judges Guild stuff. I need to replace my copy of Citystate of the Invincible Overlord. I've got World Emperor, and Wilderlands but my copy of IO got destroyed over a decade ago and I've never been able to replace it.
You have me beaten there, as all I can muster is a partial World Emperor (missing about half of it, I think).

I've got a list of JG adventures I'm still trying to find; like someone says above Tegal Manor is out there but way expensive and I've yet to bite the bullet. I did find Dark Tower at the last GenCon I got to, and I've had Maltese Clue (there's a pretty good adventure lurking in there) and Sword of Hope for a while. I've also got a number of their lesser adventures.

Lan-"and Sword of Hope is just plain gonzo - great fun!"-efan

Zenfinite

First Post
I had to log in to make my first post here, as I've managed to collect a few gems over the years.

I've owned 4 woodgrain box sets in my life (2 second prints and 2 thirds) and a shrinkwrapped orange B3, but I have to say my favorites are my Gary Gygax books. By that, I mean there was a special auction on eBay a few years ago shortly after Gary passed to help raise some money, and many of his personal books were auctioned off. I own his Players Handbook, Dungeon Masters Guide, and copy of I9, Tomb of the Lizard King (It's my favorite module). They are truly special pieces to me, and just thinking about him looking through them or looking at them sitting on his shelf is just awesome.

A close second is an autographed copy of S1, Tomb of Horrors, the green cover version. Inside it says "Happy Gaming...? Gary Gygax" and never fails to bring a smile to my face. I had the pleasure of meeting him and he was a friendly man with a great sense of humor. I would have liked to have gamed with him.

Anyway, thanks for the thread and I enjoyed reading about everyone's favorite items!

Zenfinite

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Book Written Specifically for Me and My Weird Tastes that I Can't Believe was Actually Published
3.5 Tome of Magic – Yeah, some of the mechanics (especially Truenaming) are wonky, but I have always preferred the unusual stuff, and that book is absolutely in my sweet spot for the kinds of content I crave. That’s one of my dislikes about starting a new edition is knowing that those sorts of risky books are far down the road if they will even be published at all.

I'm totally with you! I ate up the ToM Binder and love just reading about it.

At the risk of plugging a Kickstarter, there's this project collecting the Grimtooth's Traps books.
If you throw enough money at the project there's a really sweet book available:

a710a9fdf642a715d3c45737b0429279_large.jpg

Evenglare

Adventurer
I have the Eoris RPG. I think that is by far the rarest RPG at the moment that I have. I also own the entire collection of Star Wars Saga Edition, and the entire collection of the Dragonlance 3.5 books. I own much more, but those are my pride and joy.

Remove ads