• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Gen Con] Dawn Patrol?

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Cedric said:
See...now here's a great example of the type of misunderstanding you get on message boards and in the internet about someone's character.

I would have never imagined that Teflon Billy would be too shy...for anything!

Generally I'm not shy at all! That's why it was such a shock to me.

Eric Hotz was (after Gary Gygax) the first "name" I had ever heard and associated with roleplaying (he produced an odd little gaming magazine here in BC called "First Encounter")

Like I said: early conditioning:)

CarlZog

Explorer
I don't know if it was a tournament, but Dawn Patrol was played at GenCon this year.

I was registered to play, but my session was at 8 a.m. on Thursday and I didn't make it. (This was my first time to GenCon) I did see it being played at several other times over the week, and there were several folks wearing DP squadron t-shirts at the Con.

FITS was one my favorite games when I was a kid, but I never got around to playing Dawn Patrol when it came out.

By the way, Mike Carr was one of the luminaries I was hoping to meet in Indy. Does anybody know if he was there, or is even still involved in the hobby?

CZ

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
CarlZog said:
I don't know if it was a tournament, but Dawn Patrol was played at GenCon this year.

I was registered to play, but my session was at 8 a.m. on Thursday and I didn't make it. (This was my first time to GenCon) I did see it being played at several other times over the week, and there were several folks wearing DP squadron t-shirts at the Con.

That's great to hear. Thanks a lot for this very welcome bit of information!

Tortoise

First Post
I haven't played Dawn Patrol in years. I've been jonezing to play, but have no idea which storage box my copy is packed away in and would have to teach a whole new squadron of "pilots" how to play.

Of course I'm also itching to play Speed Circuit ...

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Teflon Billy said:
I always wished there was more of a roleplaying element to Dawn Patrol.

I was going to say that a d20 minigame in Poly would be cool, but I doubt that it'd ever be done.

I think a game using d20 Modern as the base would be cool. Before anyone jumps in with "but why does everything have to be d20?!?", let me just say "it doesn't." I'm mentioning d20 because of a) where we're at and b) the nature of the d20 game and the OGL, which has encouraged all manner of different genres to be explored as RPGs.

Last edited:

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Teflon Billy said:
I always wished there was more of a roleplaying element to Dawn Patrol.

It just occurred to me that this reminds me of the Empire Earth computer game, specifically the scenario where you try to get Baron von Richtofen out from behind enemy lines.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads