• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gencon website - Horrible!

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
I'm sure I'm not the only one but my wife and I just spent the past hour trying to decode the Gencon website so we can figure out what events to attend. It's absolutely horrible. They force you to download an excel spreadsheet (I'm on a mac and don't have office) or you have to go through every single one of 450 events per day to figure out who is doing what.

How does anyone manage to actually sign up for anything on this site?

I remember how much I hated the website last year and it hasn't gotten any better. I have no idea who they hired to do it but they should be fired and have the entire thing handed over to someone who actually has a clue about web design. As it is now, it is totally unusable.

So, beside my rant, I'm hoping people can help us out.

I would like us to sign up for some Goodman Games, Paizo, and RPGA 4e adventures along with the true dungeon. Does anyone know how to best sign up for these events? I'm at my wit's end.

JoelF

First Post
Personally, I like the excel sheet version. I can filter, sort, makes notes on the games I'm interested in, and work with offline or at work (where I can't get to the Gen Con site.)

Gallo22

First Post
Go to the Gencon Website and read through some of the fourm posts. All the information you need is there. Events go live tomorrow, so you better start looking at what you want to play tonight. You need to create an account for you and your wife and then purchase a 4 day ticket before you can purchase events. When you are in your account you'll see where you can brouse for events by type, time, etc. good luck!

mshea said:
They force you to download an excel spreadsheet (I'm on a mac and don't have office) or you have to go through every single one of 450 events per day to figure out who is doing what.
Can't you import the spreadsheet into Google Docs?

DonTadow

First Post
mshea said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one but my wife and I just spent the past hour trying to decode the Gencon website so we can figure out what events to attend. It's absolutely horrible. They force you to download an excel spreadsheet (I'm on a mac and don't have office) or you have to go through every single one of 450 events per day to figure out who is doing what.

How does anyone manage to actually sign up for anything on this site?

I remember how much I hated the website last year and it hasn't gotten any better. I have no idea who they hired to do it but they should be fired and have the entire thing handed over to someone who actually has a clue about web design. As it is now, it is totally unusable.

So, beside my rant, I'm hoping people can help us out.

I would like us to sign up for some Goodman Games, Paizo, and RPGA 4e adventures along with the true dungeon. Does anyone know how to best sign up for these events? I'm at my wit's end.
Oh well, i want to sign up for gencon evens now but just like every year the servers are crashing. I agree, the website is attorcious. There's no real direction as to where to go for what. Its such a shame because there are a few casual gamers who would probably give up on this. I know that my brother, a first time register, had trouble figuring out where to go to register.

kenobi65

First Post
DonTadow said:
Oh well, i want to sign up for gencon evens now but just like every year the servers are crashing. I agree, the website is attorcious. There's no real direction as to where to go for what. Its such a shame because there are a few casual gamers who would probably give up on this. I know that my brother, a first time register, had trouble figuring out where to go to register.

I was able to get everything I wanted (granted, it probably wasn't highly popular stuff, esp. with no RPGA stuff to register for yet). Took about an hour, which is about par for the course, given past years' experience. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads