General Discussion '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
For any judges (Patlin?) still around, someone will also have to approve the soon to updated Tondrek and my spent DM points to get his his iron puppy and XP. See the tracking thread

For everyone else: I will (and hopefully others) have look at pending characters on the morrow.

Theroc

First Post
Hrm... I know this says '08, but there was no '09 and I had some questions.

I'm somewhat new to ENworld (been here most of april, but not before that), and just recently got started in LEW. Seeing as I'm a person with way too much time on his hands, rather than make 3 characters on LEW to wait on an adventure, I figured, "Hey, why not start at LEB as well." I'd try living fourth but I'd seem even dumber there as I know of now easily accessible(meaning not costing me money I don't have) for 4th, while I know most everything about 3.5 that is relevant.

Anyways, I had a few questions

1. How familiar must a player be with the Eberron setting in order to play here?

2. The following snippet from your character thread confused me.

'This thread is the record for the Living Eberron game of ENWorld. Each player is restricted to 3 characters, one started at 1st, one started at 2nd, and one started at 3rd.'

Does this mean one can begin with a level 3 character? Or am I not understanding the "1st 2nd 3rd" portion? Clarification there would be great.

Will be lurking about as I try to decide what I'd like to play and likely stumble on more questions.

Thanks for the help

stonegod

Hrm... I know this says '08, but there was no '09 and I had some questions.

I'm somewhat new to ENworld (been here most of april, but not before that), and just recently got started in LEW. Seeing as I'm a person with way too much time on his hands, rather than make 3 characters on LEW to wait on an adventure, I figured, "Hey, why not start at LEB as well." I'd try living fourth but I'd seem even dumber there as I know of now easily accessible(meaning not costing me money I don't have) for 4th, while I know most everything about 3.5 that is relevant.

Anyways, I had a few questions

1. How familiar must a player be with the Eberron setting in order to play here?

2. The following snippet from your character thread confused me.

'This thread is the record for the Living Eberron game of ENWorld. Each player is restricted to 3 characters, one started at 1st, one started at 2nd, and one started at 3rd.'

Does this mean one can begin with a level 3 character? Or am I not understanding the "1st 2nd 3rd" portion? Clarification there would be great.

Will be lurking about as I try to decide what I'd like to play and likely stumble on more questions.

Thanks for the help
Sorry for the delay answering. As you see, LEB is a bit slower right now. Characters are mostly on adventure. As for your answers:
- Familiarity is not required. Most anything you want to do can be expressed in Eberron, and PCs and Judges can try to help w/ that.
- You can start a character at third, but only one.

Theroc

First Post
Yeah, I assumed it was slow, as is LEW. I do hope the place picks up. It looks like it can be alot of fun, if I can just get started.

If I start a character at level 3, will I be able to go adventuring with the other players, or are they higher than that range? If they are, do you have any suggestions about how to go about getting to the appropriate level to play with everyone else?

Aside from that, I am guessing I should stick to materials I am familiar with when attempting to create a character? I had other questions but they left me for now, lol.

Theroc

First Post
Hm... a more specific question; Around what level are the majority of active players? The reason I am asking is I was going to start off with a level 1 character, but if everyone else is higher level, I'll have to start with the level 5 character. If they're higher than 3 (to a significant extent), then I'll need to go with a ranged-type character.

Also; was the Warshaper PrC rejected or simply not yet approved? I'm simply curious as I remembered liking that one in particular. Though, I do remember seeing somewhere a debate about it being abused with Changelings, but I have a few ideas to curb that overuse, if anyone wanted them.

Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what to do so I can get a character started and join in(if there's an available spot).

stonegod

"Active" players are mostly 2nd it seems right now. But as you can see, LEB is very quiet recently. I don't know if we're going to pick up steam unless there are some new DMs coming around. 4E is the new kid on the block, so there it is.

Warshapper was not approved. It was not banned. The discussion is here. As the only active judge for now (I've invited one other), there is no way that it actually can get approved at this stage (we need a three judge minimum).

Theroc

First Post
"Active" players are mostly 2nd it seems right now. But as you can see, LEB is very quiet recently. I don't know if we're going to pick up steam unless there are some new DMs coming around. 4E is the new kid on the block, so there it is.

Warshapper was not approved. It was not banned. The discussion is here. As the only active judge for now (I've invited one other), there is no way that it actually can get approved at this stage (we need a three judge minimum).

Alright. Thanks Stonegod. I'll probably post up a character this week, though... I can't even get a character approved with only one judge, can I?

stonegod

Alright. Thanks Stonegod. I'll probably post up a character this week, though... I can't even get a character approved with only one judge, can I?
I am brining another judge on board soon, so you should be able to get approval.

stonegod

It appears that LEB is dead. :(
There's one addy going, but it is limping that way.

As I've repeatedly said, w/o folks willing to run games, LEB cannot survive.

I have some ideas for what do w/ LEB, but I'm a bit busy for them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads