General Discussion Thread II

hero4hire

Explorer
Fair enough. I definitely understand your viewpoint. I don't think it has really changed mine about The array being balanced or unbalanced, but I do understand your reasoning.

rgordona

Explorer
hero4hire said:
re: Gun Monkey's Dual Guns.
The intent was for him to have to be disarmed twice for him to fully lose the device.

This was based on Steve Kenson's advice about two weapons and deemed by me to be balanced for a feat.

To call it a Alternate Power is a misnomer as it was intended to be a Power Feat and was described as such. (Me overlooking that it was called an Alternate Power is my fault entirely).

I still think it is balanced for a feat (one time immunity to a specific disarm).

RGA said:
I think I would have tried doing it a different way, something like "must be successfully disarmed twice" which might be a one point feat or "immunity to disarm limited to once per adventure"

I tend to agree with the argument that a 1 point feat is enough for this effect, I just think that calling it an AP confuses the issue.

[sblock=Kenson's reply]SK actually suggested that the 1 point feat would give partial protection against disarm but the autofire part would still be lost, not that I think that is very significant. It is a granular system[/sblock]

Hand of Vecna

First Post
hero4hire said:
The intent was for him to have to be disarmed twice for him to fully lose the device.

This was based on Steve Kenson's advice about two weapons and deemed by me to be balanced for a feat.

To call it a Alternate Power is a misnomer as it was intended to be a Power Feat and was described as such. (Me overlooking that it was called an Alternate Power is my fault entirely).

I still think it is balanced for a feat (one time immunity to a specific disarm).
That doesn't seem to be exactly what Kenon's saying, though. He seems to be saying that, if you have two weapons and use that as the SFX for a John Woo-esque Autofire Damage effect, then a Power Feat would make it so that a Disarm attempt would remove one of the two weapons (and leave you with a non-Autofire Damage effect), and a second would be required to completely disarm you.

So (assuming that is what he means), Gun Monkey could have a PF on his Standard Autofire Gun for the "Disarm me once, no Autofire, disarm me twice, no guns at all" thing.... but, adding those Alternate Powers/Setting (different types of ammo, I'm assuming) in it complicates things a bit, as it means that with one disarm, GM would have his non-Autofire Gun, but so would the disarming foe. :\

hero4hire

Explorer
Hand of Vecna said:
That doesn't seem to be exactly what Kenon's saying, though. He seems to be saying that, if you have two weapons and use that as the SFX for a John Woo-esque Autofire Damage effect, then a Power Feat would make it so that a Disarm attempt would remove one of the two weapons (and leave you with a non-Autofire Damage effect), and a second would be required to completely disarm you.

So (assuming that is what he means), Gun Monkey could have a PF on his Standard Autofire Gun for the "Disarm me once, no Autofire, disarm me twice, no guns at all" thing.... but, adding those Alternate Powers/Setting (different types of ammo, I'm assuming) in it complicates things a bit, as it means that with one disarm, GM would have his non-Autofire Gun, but so would the disarming foe. :\

You are correct it isn't exactly what Kenson was saying.

Note I said BASED on his advice, but I was not strictly adhering to the wording verbatim. It was the closest reference we had to an official word on the subject at the time and IMO 1pp for a Feat was sufficient for the effect he wanted to emulate. So as the character judge, I made a judgement call and approved it.

It could be represented as A 2 point uncommon Immunity (Disarms against Gun) with a Flaw that it only works Once. But I think it amounts to the same thing.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
hero4hire said:

Well it appears that I dont suck SO bad as I found an e-mail catching this and asking Bront to change it to a Power Feat.

Now the fact that that I asked a year ago and never checked back to see if it was done DOES make me suck a bit...Just not as bad as I thought. ;)

Salix

First Post
hero4hire said:
Well it appears that I dont suck SO bad as I found an e-mail catching this and asking Bront to change it to a Power Feat.

Now the fact that that I asked a year ago and never checked back to see if it was done DOES make me suck a bit...Just not as bad as I thought. ;)

We'll let you slide. :p Been nice having you back around a little more often lately. Hope some of the RL stuff improved.

hero4hire

Explorer
We are fitting into a routine with the new baby. So I have actually gotten sleep.
Sleep=Energy
Energy=Improved attitude and Initiative to do stuff.

I have had more surgeries in 2007 then I have the rest of my 38 years of life. So that has been majorly sucking. But actually they mostly were all before July.

So 2007 has been Bad Health/Multiple Surgeries/Pregnant SO/New Baby/No Sleep/Work Issues. But it all seems to be on an upswing anyway. (knocks on wood)

LogicsFate

First Post
Air Control, It doesn't do damage so it is limited to your combat levels, correct?

Also, Air Control with the Explosion Extra(like a mini tornado). Could be used to trip many people at once?

All I need are a yay/nay to these two questions and I can submit with a good deal of confidence that everything is good to go, your help is greatly appriciated.

Speed Freak

Remove ads