General Discussion Thread II

Douane

First Post
Question from an interested applicant:

How'd I go about to submit a character? Post him in the Character Submission thread and then email the corresponding judges about him or submit him via email to the judges and post after approval?

Thanks,

Folkert

Hand of Vecna

First Post
LogicsFate said:
That was really helpfull, I'll make the last few changes and resubmit asap.
Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention (popped into my head as I was drifting off to sleep last night): he really should have some ranks in Knowledge (Civics), too. The Profession skill would cover how well he is at lawyer-ing in terms of earning a living, whereas other skills -- like Knowledge (Civics), and possibly Bluff or Diplomacy -- are a grade of how well he is at lawyer-ing in terms of winning or losing cases (you have to know the law in order to defend it or use it in court, know any loopholes you can use or that the other lawyer might try and use against your client, and appealing to the jury and judge on a semi-emotional level).

D.Shaffer

First Post
Minors

Since I'm actually considering a character who's a minor, (And the first one to mention a hardhat and pick, I'm gunning for you) do we have any hard and fast rules for how we're dealing with them?

Do all registered heroes have to be adults? What happens to those with powers who arent adults yet? Would you consider actually being a minor and all it entails a drawback or is it possibly even a benefit of some sort?

Hand of Vecna

First Post
D.Shaffer said:
Do all registered heroes have to be adults? What happens to those with powers who arent adults yet? Would you consider actually being a minor and all it entails a drawback or is it possibly even a benefit of some sort?
How minor are we talking? 16? 6?

Hero High has a good deal of stuff for minor characters. For instance, it says that an average/typical teen (under age 15) has attribute scores of 8, not 10, and they're limited in how many ranks in Knowledge, Medicine, and Profession skills they can have. It also gives a few new feats and drawbacks.

rgordona

Explorer
I would say being a minor is a discriptor. It might be a complication. Probably not a drawback.

[sblock]RW a minor would never be allowed to go on combat missions for the UN. Western nations even letting under 17s join their army can lead to trouble from protestors. (It certainly has in the UK and under 17s can not get posted anywhere dangerous.) Child soldiers are not popular with the public, and child death or injury even less so.

That said this is a superhero world where anything could happen so if a kid has super powers I don't se why he should not join the task force. [/sblock]

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Kid Dinosaur was already a minor, so we have precedent at least.
Good catch (though I'm not sure if the player's still around/the character's active.)

Is there precedent for minors on a government-backed supers team in the comics? Do the Avengers or Justice League have minor characters? If so, have any issues regarding their status as minors arisen, and if so how was it handled?

(I believe the Justice Society of America has two minors, Stargirl and Jakeem Thunder... but I'm not sure what legal status/ties the JSA has with the U.S. government. And in Stargirl's case, her stepdad's also on the team, so there is a degree of familial oversight built-in.)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, there is one I know. In the Marvel's Ultimate universe, Nick Fury has warned Spiderman that the day he will be major, he will be his, but until then, Peter is out of reach from S.H.I.E.L.D. as he is minor. You can see it at the end of teh arc where venom appeared.

but if you go wider, Xavier's school have many minor and some of them are on teh strike team (like Kitty Pride)

Remove ads