• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread II

LogicsFate

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
The Mastermind's Manual variant on Tactical Movement, though, does mention such conversions:

Under that ruling, Speed Freak's Super-Speed 10 would give him a normal tactical movement of 80 feet, an accelerated tactical movement of 160 feet, and an all-out movement of 10,000 mph.

The tactical ruling is fine by me and a lot more useful in combat. makes more sense. feels right. So this is just in combat?
Out of combat is the 10,000/20,000/40,000? as per UP and the player's guide?

I'll stick with the pills, and cut a point somewhere. Lets say the particular drug is difficult to manufacture, the resolutes can only make so much at a time and speed freak tends to take all they give him really fast. So a day would be fine. Just multiple pills each day.

I'll go make these changes, anything else he needs?

Edit: O wait, the movement thing is a variant? Is it still to be used?

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
How minor are we talking? 16? 6?

Hero High has a good deal of stuff for minor characters. For instance, it says that an average/typical teen (under age 15) has attribute scores of 8, not 10, and they're limited in how many ranks in Knowledge, Medicine, and Profession skills they can have. It also gives a few new feats and drawbacks.
I was thinking more of 13 or so, actually.

I was more interested in the 'How are WE handling it' aspect of the entire thing, and I see that's been mentioned in enough detail for my purposes later, but I'm interested in what they added for Hero High. I've been thinking of purchasing it, but can you give a summary of the new fears/drawbacks? (Nothing detailed, just the names would be enough to give me an idea, I'm suspecting)

(And dont forget the 'TEEN Titans'.)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
I don't think the Teen Titans (or the X-Men) were ever associated/tied to any government organization.

New Teen Feats from Hero High
Cool -- Bonus on Charisma-related skill when dealing with teens.
Disarming -- Force foe to pull their punch
Untapped Potential -- Use Extra Effort to increase power by 3 ranks, not 2.

New Teen Drawbacks from Hero High
Holding Back -- Can only use your full power when in a dire situation.
Impatient -- When you Take 10 or Take 20, die result is treated as a lower result.

rgordona

Explorer
Hand of Vecna said:
I don't think the Teen Titans (or the X-Men) were ever associated/tied to any government organization.

And at least for the X-men didn't care to much about being unpopular. If everyone already hates you for being Mutants its probably not to much worse if they hate you for being Mutants who allow other underaged Mutants to be placed in dangerous situations.

[Sblock]I didn't really mean to start a long debate about precident for teen heros in the comics. I think its a superhero world so pretty much anything goes, discriptor wise.[/sblock]

Douane

First Post
The one problem I'd see is the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Article 38 states: "State parties shall take all feasible measures to ensure that persons who have not attained the age of 15 years do not take a direct part in hostilities." (Not to mention the Optional protocol on the involvement of children in armed conflict which upps that age to 18.)

If the UN officially sends a minor into (super-powered) battle the public outcry and political backlash would be enormous.

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Maybe not, but they WERE tied to the Justice League, which HAS had goverment oversight in the past. Not sure if the Teen Titans were still tied to them at that point, though.

Thanks for the info, BTW!

Victor_Von

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Good catch (though I'm not sure if the player's still around/the character's active.)

Is there precedent for minors on a government-backed supers team in the comics? Do the Avengers or Justice League have minor characters? If so, have any issues regarding their status as minors arisen, and if so how was it handled?

(I believe the Justice Society of America has two minors, Stargirl and Jakeem Thunder... but I'm not sure what legal status/ties the JSA has with the U.S. government. And in Stargirl's case, her stepdad's also on the team, so there is a degree of familial oversight built-in.)

In a slightly different vein, there's Captain Marvel, who no one knows is a minor because he looks like an adult. I actually liked the storyline where he was warned that he was getting "too close" to Stargirl, and... you know, not that you'd do anything wrong, it's just that people might talk and stuff...

LogicsFate

First Post
All right, as for Speed Freak. Done, done, and done. I even crossed out the stuff that needed discussing, with a foot note not to use it.

Anything else? :heh:

Hand of Vecna

First Post
LogicsFate said:
All right, as for Speed Freak. Done, done, and done. I even crossed out the stuff that needed discussing, with a foot note not to use it.

Anything else? :heh:
Some pie would be nice ;)

I believe the Explosive Air Control 10 was actually okayed by us.

For his daily Wisdom loss without pill thing, keep in mind it's got to be a Very Common (per adventure) occurrence for it to be worth that 1 drawback point.

Oh, some of your sblocking/coding seems a tad off.

Other than that, I'm fine with him. Hero4Hire?

Remove ads