• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread II

Stormwind

First Post
A question for our resident judges:

Would I need to propose a proposal 'split attack as a feat' or 'split attack as an equipment feat' to enable its use as a feat with mundane weapons for LS characters?

Edit: To be more explicit, consider a character focusing on thrown weapons. Would they be able to
- take 'split attack (thrown)' as a normal feat?
- apply split attack to a specific piece of equipment, not a device, such as a weapon?
(e.g. Throwing knives [+1 Damage; Critical 19-20; Split attack; Thrown] (4ep) )?

As far as I am aware, split attack is just a power feat, although it seems fairly common practice (at least on ATT) that various power feats may be used as regular feats or directly applied to equipment (Ricochet and Autofire respectively come to mind).

In the case that I should create a proposal for this, would it be better to propose it as a single feat (case-by-case) or as a general rule? Normally I would go with the former, but here I can see an argument for the later too.

Last edited:

Stormwind

First Post
Salix said:
How many are sitting? Plus we would need a GM to step up.
Well, after taking the list of characters listed in the character thread, then discounting those who are already on missions and discounting those whose players no longer frequent the boards, there are 12 characters approved. Of course there are only 4 characters listed in the A request to all LS players thread that are approved and not on missions.

There are also 9 characters marked as awaiting approval/reapproval.

Thus I'd guess that there's probably enough characters for a mission :D

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
I'd be wiling to let Split Attack (and Ricochet) be taken as regular Feats. Provided that they make sense for the character, of course.
There's another way to phrase it too thanks to our voting in enhanced traits--you can make it an enhanced trait for 1 point that applies the feat to all attacks the character makes. Sounds like a cool concept to me.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
On a vaguely pseudo-related note, Heroes. Specifically, two (bad) pieces of news for it.

NBC shelves Heroes: Origins:

NBC has shelved plans for Heroes: Origins, a spinoff series of its hit show, and the possibility of a writers' strike contributed to the decision, Variety reported.

Production has been halted indefinitely on the planned six-episode spinoff. It had attracted such talent as feature directors Eli Roth and Kevin Smith and writer Michael Dougherty (Superman Returns). NBC had planned to debut the show while Heroes was on hiatus.

Heroes also has been facing sophomore growing pains, losing some key staff members, the trade paper reported.

Insiders told Variety that Heroes: Origins isn't completely dead and could very well be revived at a later date, perhaps as soon as next season.

and Heroes readies finale early:

TV Guide.com reported that producers of NBC's Heroes are shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that will wrap up the second season early in the event an expected writers' strike prevents the show from continuing with new episodes.

Citing anonymous sources, the site reported that the episode will function as a season finale; originally, the episode was supposed to serve only as the conclusion to the current "Generations" story arc. Should an 11th-hour agreement be reached and a strike averted, the alternate ending would likely be scrapped, the site reported.

:(

Salix

First Post
Stormwind said:
Well, after taking the list of characters listed in the character thread, then discounting those who are already on missions and discounting those whose players no longer frequent the boards, there are 12 characters approved. Of course there are only 4 characters listed in the A request to all LS players thread that are approved and not on missions.

There are also 9 characters marked as awaiting approval/reapproval.

Thus I'd guess that there's probably enough characters for a mission :D

It might be time to drop Ionian Dreams. I think Hawkeye, Velmont, and probably Lot would want to play.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads