• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread II

LogicsFate

First Post
I'll whip up a pumpkin when I get the chance.(and the skills)

Ah, I thought that's what the targetted area discussion was about. Fixed sblocking. and ok.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
LogicsFate said:
O, and are there any rules for drawbacks getting worse instead of better?
None in particular I'm aware of, aside from needing GM Permission, and there being a good in-story reason for them getting worse (just like you'd need a good in-story reason for a Drawback getting better).

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Raylis said:
Looks interesting...any plans about running it here for us? :p
It's not an adventure. Are you familiar with the Van Richten's Guides for Ravenloft? It's more like that, a journal entry of a monster hunter + game stats for assorted critters (and variants of said critters).

Raylis

First Post
Oh! damnit HoV now I'm more tempted then before... I loved the various Van Richten guides. I used one of the Van Richten guides to outfit a character in an undead themed D&D game.

Added to the Campaign Information thread:
On the Nature of Magic, Powers, and Power Levels from Pre-Comet (Pre-2000) Days

Though unknown or unbelieved by most, true magic and superpowers did indeed exist on Earth of the Living Supers campaign before the Comet Event of 2000. The best way to describe it is that the Comet massively amplified human potential (both in terms of frequency of powers and the intensity of those powers), but that potential was still there, in minuscule amounts, beforehand.

Pre-Comet powers were all extremely minor and non-extravagant in nature. Minor precognitives (someone who could anticipate which specific episode of a given syndicated television show was going to air) or folks with an innate direction sense of time sense (Super-Senses), or someone who's exceptionally steadfast (a rank in Immovable), or who heals quickly but not inhumanly so (a rank in Regeneration, to recover from being disabled 1/5 hours rather than 1/day). Enhanced Traits (Enhanced Feats and Skills) would also be possible (again, at low ranks), to represent someone with a definite knack for a certain skill or activity. Same deal with magic -- Artificer and Ritualist could be found in assorted practitioners over the millennia, though the low PL of pre-Comet folks sets a definite limit on how much they could do (due to limits on skill ranks); the Magic power per se would have been very rare (and even when present would be at a low rank and have a few Flaws and Drawbacks). Similarly, Power Level was simply not as high pre-Comet as it can be now -- pre-Comet, it would be almost unheard of for anyone to be PL 6, and those who were were either hailed as heroes (or gods), or feared as monsters (or gods), or otherwise seen as truly exceptional. (This is not to say that any actual gods or other non-human beings were limited to PL 6 -- though such beings had very limited interaction with humanity -- only that actual humans were so limited.)

A god guideline is "if it would feel appropriate in a Pulp comic (Doc Savage, The Shadow, Tarzan, Zorro, etc.), an episode of Wild, Wild West, or an Indiana Jones or James Bond movie, it should be alright for a pre-Comet power." Even these minor abilities were unknown to most, though, and were lost in the legends and myths and supermarket tabloids.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Tomorrow, October 24th, is United Nations Day. October 24th was the day -- in 1948 -- when the United Nations charter became official. According to the U.N., each member nation is supposed to celebrate United Nations Day as a public holiday. (This doesn't seem to be the case in the U.S.A., though.)

And, according to the calculations of 17th century Anglican bishop James Ussher, the Earth (if not the entire Universe) turns 6,010 years old today.

Last edited:

Remove ads