• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzanita

First Post
Here's the slowest advancing of the top 44:

PC Creation date approx months/lvl XPs
1 Thurgan 8/25/2003 14 9,015
2 Devlin 8/25/2003 14 8,040
3 ao'Thuir 10/5/2003 14 6,559
4 Strum 10/17/2003 13 6,450
5 Irene 2/17/2004 12 6,388

6 Jack 6/2/2004 11 7,224
7 Oirhandir 6/2/2004 11 6,205
8 Scun 7/5/2004 11 8,928
9 Troi 8/25/2003 11 11,198
10 Razh 7/6/2004 11 9,477
11 Sara 9/5/2003 10 10,463
12 Ogrin 7/15/2004 10 9,953
13 Rurik 10/18/2003 10 10,914
14 Ironwolf 9/3/2004 10 6,031
15 Tor 9/5/2004 10 6,847
16 Almayce 9/28/2004 10 6,207

So ao'Thuir is only the third slowest. Thurgan (& the others in Red) have been out of action to various degrees due to player inactivity. It's very difficult to really pinpoint how slowly a PC advances. Actually, Since Devlin has more XPs, he and ao'Thuir are about tied, I reckon. As far as I know, Devlin's always been actively seeking or engaging in adventure.

The average of the 44 is 9. Thus for these long-lived and successful PCs, it has taken an average of 9 months per level to advance. This is probably on the high side, since a number of them have been inactive. The average, though, is clearly higher than 6 months, which is what I see as ideal.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
I've DM'd for 8 of those, but somehow I missed #1!
That would be my doing--I give out XP even faster than you do sometimes assuming that the players don't stall the game (which they do quite a lot, unfortunately). Vanitri was alone and wasn't stalling, so he went quickly in terms of time, if not number of posts written.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
14 Ironwolf 9/3/2004 10 6,031
15 Tor 9/5/2004 10 6,847

And Ironwolf would be lower, but I spent some DM credits on XP for him!

Hmm. Rystil and I seem to DM the fastest advancing PCs and advance slowly ourselves... and neither of us has ever been in a game DM'd by the other or (of course) one of our own games. Might be a pattern there. :) (At least, I believe Vanitri's rapid advancement was with RA as DM. I know it wasn't in the adventure he aand Ironwolf shared!)

Edit: RA posted while I was posting, confirming some of my thoughts. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:

Hmm. Rystil and I seem to DM the fastest advancing PCs and advance slowly ourselves... and neither of us has ever been in a game DM'd by the other or (of course) one of our own games. Might be a pattern there. :) (At least, I believe Vanitri's rapid advancement was with RA as DM. I know it wasn't in the adventure he aand Ironwolf shared!)

As you can see in the post above, you are correct. I'll note that we share a game as players that slowed down both Ironwolf and Zaeryl, so that makes our slow advancement less of a weird coincidence and a bit more explainable, at least. Though fast-moving Juliana was in Zaeryl's slow first adventure before being sent over to you.

Interestingly, 100% of the games in which I played except Festival of Halina have either had a GM vanish or a GM go on board hiatus.

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Interestingly, 100% of the games in which I played except Festival of Halina have either had a GM vanish or a GM go on board hiatus.

Ironwolf is in that position too, though KB finished her adventure before going on hiatus.

Tor isn't nearly as slow progressing as Ironwolf, really... the numbers are partially skewed not only by the DM credits but also due to the fact that Tor is nearing the end of a long adventure which, if I recall correctly, hasn't had any interim XP awards.

Manzanita

First Post
Right. My numbers only reflect actual levels attained, and not XPs gained between level-ups, nor accrued XPs not yet awarded. I'm sure my method wouldn't cut the muster with G.A.A.P. I may try to make my spreadsheet formula more exact, though, if I take another shot at this project.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
Ironwolf is in that position too, though KB finished her adventure before going on hiatus.

Tor isn't nearly as slow progressing as Ironwolf, really... the numbers are partially skewed not only by the DM credits but also due to the fact that Tor is nearing the end of a long adventure which, if I recall correctly, hasn't had any interim XP awards.
Interesting. Apparently one of my PCs, Scun, is on the list for slowest as well, though the others in the same game are not, so it must be partly due to previous games. Anyways, I guess it's some twisted form of karma coming back after us, eh? :lol:

Velmont

First Post
Wow, Opale appear in the most Experienced spellcaster even after dying, which has slowed down her progression.

Anyway, as long as Rinaldo is the most experienced character of LEW, I'm fine with all that ;)

Dungannon

First Post
Manzanita said:
Actually, Since Devlin has more XPs, he and ao'Thuir are about tied, I reckon. As far as I know, Devlin's always been actively seeking or engaging in adventure.
Yep, Devlin's always been active, but unfortunately he's never been on an adventure that's reached its conclusion. Hopefully that's about to change.

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:

I highly recomend Soloing for advancement :)

I will say it was lonely though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads