• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
At the same time, allowing both to be reitred to start a 6th level character seems... not particularly benificial..

How about Keeping all of one XP and half of the other;s? That brings your example from 42,000, to 31,500, or 7th level. We then could or could not drop a level.
I dunno, is retiring supposed to be beneficial though? I'd hate to see someone make three characters they don't care about and take up space on adventures building up XP just so they could sac all three of their 9th-level characters, build up 108,000 XP, and then make their 'real' character who starts at 14th-level.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I dunno, is retiring supposed to be beneficial though? I'd hate to see someone make three characters they don't care about and take up space on adventures building up XP just so they could sac all three of their 9th-level characters, build up 108,000 XP, and then make their 'real' character who starts at 14th-level.
I'd limit it to A) 2 at a time, and B) you can't retire a character in such a mannor without playing him in an adventure.

We should make a separeate thread.

Erekose13

Explorer
No retiring is not supposed to be a way to get even higher level characters. I'm trying to find a way to get the same level character as I'm giving up max.

Regarding Eternity not being 3rd yet, in this particular case I have a DM credit or 3 that would get her there.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
No retiring is not supposed to be a way to get even higher level characters. I'm trying to find a way to get the same level character as I'm giving up max.

Regarding Eternity not being 3rd yet, in this particular case I have a DM credit or 3 that would get her there.
Plus, you should probably be earning time when the game stops moving waiting on the GM, so you might be even closer than you think.

Velmont

First Post
I think I don't like much any possibility to create character higher level than the highest retired character. Having it up to equal teh highest retired level seems something fine.

Erekose13

Explorer
LiquidBlue has started a new job with the new year and is adjusting to his new schedule. He is going to see if his pace slows a bit this next week and hopes to be back online by the end of the week. I'll let you know if there are any other updates from him.

BigB

First Post
Erekose13 said:
LiquidBlue has started a new job with the new year and is adjusting to his new schedule. He is going to see if his pace slows a bit this next week and hopes to be back online by the end of the week. I'll let you know if there are any other updates from him.

Good to hear it is not injury or illness or anything like that. I will NPC his character for a while. Thanks

orsal

LEW Judge
judge update

To give everyone a heads-up on what's going on with judges --

Real-life concerns have pulled Nimisgod away from LEW. I have therefore replaced him as character judge. If you have a new character, or a character who has been updated at a new level, please email me as well as Knight Otu about it.

I have edited the guide to LEW and the character thread 1st post to reflect this change.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I'm sorry to hear that. Nimisgod was my first DM, and he made my introduction to LEW an excellent one. I hope things work out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads