• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

Satin Knights

First Post
It is an automated bot script. They repeat a line from the first page of the thread, usually about the third or fourth post in. I report them also when I see them pop up, but don't bother on the announcing it part. That way they disappear quickly and no trace is left afterwards. I think the kill part has been automated too at this point. :heh:

Systole

First Post
Can one of the judges send me the email address and password again? I accidentally deleted it when I cleaned out my mailbox.

Danke.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I know several people are working on adventures or short scenarios for the waiting 1st levels. When one gets submitted and approved I'm sure it will be announced in the Inn thread, the discussion thread, or somewhere else obvious so people can join it. I have one I'm working on but I'm taking my time; I really can't commit to DMing another adventure until one of the ones I'm currently DMing ends.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Alright you Pathfinder rules gurus:

Does 'Invisibility' mask the magical auras of items carried and spells affecting its target? In other words, can you get around 'Invisibility' by using 'Detect Magic'? Just wondering if one PC can keep tabs on another PC while he's scouting invisibly by using 'Detect Magic' (within range, of course).

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Alright you Pathfinder rules gurus:

Does 'Invisibility' mask the magical auras of items carried and spells affecting its target? In other words, can you get around 'Invisibility' by using 'Detect Magic'? Just wondering if one PC can keep tabs on another PC while he's scouting invisibly by using 'Detect Magic' (within range, of course).

That would make a 3rd level spell easily circumvented by a Cantrip/Orion, and go a ways toward rendering a few spells and abilities moot. I'd say no, but I'm far from a guru.

Systole

First Post
Yes, sort of. Detect Magic reveals auras in a 60 ft cone after three rounds. So if the magic detector concentrated, he would be able to say, 'That square has an aura of illusion magic in it.' If he knows his teammate is invisble and nearby, it's probably a safe bet that that square contains his teammate. But this is not like Faerie Fire -- the person is not outlined perfectly by his magic aura. If the detector wanted to target his friend for some reason, he would suffer a 50% concealment penalty. Furthermore, if the friend moves out of the cone, then the detector has to re-orient and start from round 1 again.

So yes, Detect Magic would allow a one guy to keep tabs on a friend that he knew was invisible, assuming he knew the friend's general location in advance. This method has so many ways it could be foiled that it's not really much good against invisible enemies, even if you know where they will probably be.

Remove ads