• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

sunshadow21

Explorer
That would make a 3rd level spell easily circumvented by a Cantrip/Orion, and go a ways toward rendering a few spells and abilities moot. I'd say no, but I'm far from a guru.

I wouldn't say easily. The person using detect magic still has to concentrate, and if the invisible friend is moving around too quickly, could still lose track of him without too much effort. Against anybody else and or in a place with other sources of magic, it's even harder because the auras will blend together, requiring the caster to take even longer to pick out individual auras; lastly, you have to remember, detect magic doesn't give you the spell, it just gives you the school, and even that technically requires a spellcraft roll. If your friend with invisibility is in a room where an enemy wizard has cast an image spell, all you'll see is two illusion auras, with no immediate way to tell them apart. I'm not a judge, but I'd probably allow it simply because if they can actually pull it off after all of those constraints, they've earned it.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
FYI to first levels, I am brewing up a small venture, still coalescing the thoughts and scribbling a few notes.

Grayn

First Post
Does anyone here run campaigns on a VTT with google+, skype or another voip?

I have been trying to find my first group for something a little more routine, but I have not had much luck. (Not that the PbP and RP isn't great, just looking to try a regular session:cool:)

stanleyindraven

First Post
Obviously low, depending on your specific tactics. An archer may have a higher survivability than say a melee ranger, and a wizard wouldn't have very much to offer. A paladin, barbarian, or properly spec'd fighter could offer something, but their equips would put them at a disadvantage.

Remove ads