General Discussion

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Man, I haven't played serious RPGs in awhile. Character creation is such a blooming headache! Is there some sort of default package I can spend my 150 on without having to pore through lists?

Similarly are there any default traits for bards, half-orcs, or whip-users? The traits list is massive.

Here's what I've got so far, just have to fill in a few more things and then, like an ancient monk, painstakingly transcribe it into wikie format, lol. Can't wait to actually play!

https://imgur.com/UNezY.jpg

sunshadow21

Explorer
Traits I would consider the magic traits (especially focused mind or magical lineage), and one of the generic traits we have implemented for LPF to improve a skill or saving throw. There are other good ones available if you want to go digging, but for a bard, those are fairly good basic ones.

Systole

First Post
Looks like Rhydius is going to have a chance to GM pretty soon, with all these new guys showing up all over the place.

dammitbiscuit Primary melee and ranged weapons first. Then buy a dagger, or else Satin Knights will yell at you. Seeing as the adventure you're likely to go on is called "Warehouse Sitting," you can probably get by without tent/rations/bedroll, but if you don't, Satin Knights will probably yell at you about that too. After that, buy whatever utility scrolls you think you might need. LPF buys back at 100% of price, so spend in haste and sell back at leisure.

EDIT: Gah, half-orc bard is just so wrong! Half-orcs don't have charisma! Stupid Pathfinder.....

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Roger!

The wiki didn't mention much about orcs or half-orcs, so I've taken the liberty of assuming orcs in this setting are the mean, rampaging horde types as per usual.

EDIT: I know, isn't it great?! I can finally make a half-orc who's actually Intimidating! (via brutally cutting Perform: Comedy checks)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Adding Intimidating Prowess would help with that as well.

Question: since it just popped in my head if a character had the above feat and then a barbarian with; raged - bull's str in effect - and was enlarged. Gets the temp modifiers (+5) add to this as well?

I think all those STR effects stack.

HM

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I don't think that's the case. Don't think of the as Hero as the start point and the Enemy as the end point with Ride-by-Attack giving you extra distance. Think of the Hero as the start point and the end point as your ultimate destination and if you pass an enemy then you can use Ride-by-Attack. So it's not closest in terms of distance from your starting point, but in terms of "this is the first square along my path where I could attack this guy." If you can't ride past then you'd have to use Overrun.
Thanks, GE.

So basically to charge for the Ride-by-attack, you are giving up the mount's charge attack completely it sounds like. By charging to a point that is not the target itself, the mount is not really Charging the Target. The feat only talks about the rider's attack, the mount gets to avoid the AoOs instead of attacking.

Hmmm, I am not sure where this business of picking the destination square comes from to allow a Charge that is not attacking from the closest square possible. I think it is a good idea to resolve it, but there appears to be no basis in the rules for it.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Item creation is not allowed in LPF, but if I had Magician or Arcane Duelist archetypes, I'd have a Bonded Weapon or Staff - could I use the Bonded Item's pseudo-access to item creation feats to upgrade my bonded item?

Edit: Semi-relatedly, I just noticed that Merfolk are an allowed race. I kinda wanna switch to a Merfolk scooting around in a puddle on a Tenser's Floating Disk now... except it looks like the disk can't be controlled, so someone else would have to cast the disk and I'd have to be trailing behind them.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Item creation is not allowed in LPF, but if I had Magician or Arcane Duelist archetypes, I'd have a Bonded Weapon or Staff - could I use the Bonded Item's pseudo-access to item creation feats to upgrade my bonded item?

The reasoning behind disallowing item creation feats is to keep our wealth by level in check and as balanced as we can across classes/characters. So I'd say no to any proposed loopholes in the standard (follow the spirit of the law :D).

jkason

First Post
I could have sworn at some point there was a discussion about allowing Bonded Item upgrades, but without the discount. So, for example, the wizard can still benefit from having the item not work for someone who steals it, but I can't find it on the wiki...

Remove ads