Generally Speaking!

shistal

First Post
Protector_corwin said:
Simple game simple rules...those threads were hilarious. I feel that they LOST THE simple meaning of that GAME. But hey they say laughter is the best medicine. so thatnk you for the laughter.

Laughing father of three

Ahhh thank you so much Procter Corwin *hugs and squeezes happily* that really makes me day when someone said they laught when they say the game post........aahh man I lost the game again... ;)

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Okay. Normally I'm light hearted, funny, easily amused and whatnot.

But...it's like this:

I come home, from a weekend away...
To find I have 40 minutes of gibberish to read.

Nowgenerally I dont even care if I waste 40 minutes reading gibberish. I read a lot of stuff that's relatively pointless to my life. I really only get irritated, because I got up at 5.30 in the morning, to come check on this...to find I have 40 minutes of gibberish to decipher.

I come here, to this site, to RP, and to learn how to RP, to discuss it, and enjoy it.

Azrael_Erebus

First Post
Grievances abound.

Must be the allergens bothering everyone I suppose.

I say everyone needs to take a chill pill.

Especially those who have to deal with the warm/hot weather!

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Warm/hot weather? Where?! (i.e., not here, and it should be by now, grumble)

It's been suggested by a non-magi that we close this thread. I think the purpose of the thread has been met and the points covered and that should be sufficient reason to move any new discussions to a new thread. But if people still have something relevant to say that they want to say here, that's okay.

Nugan

First Post
Magi_Trelian said:
I think the purpose of the thread has been met and the points covered and that should be sufficient reason to move any new discussions to a new thread.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a legitimate reason to close this thread.

I could see if it had degraded into personal insults, or if it were off topic to begin with, but since neither of those seem to be the case, I don't think there is a good reason to lock the thread. If the desire for discussion of this topic is really satiated and all of the possible points have been made, then the topic will likely die on its own and bury itself on the later pages without euthanasia.

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Nugan said:
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a legitimate reason to close this thread.
Then it should come as no surprise you were able to post in this thread as it's not locked.

I've noticed a disturbing trend in the defence of this behaviour I feel I should comment on since I am the one who locked the original "The Game" thread. So I'll address it here before another thread stating the same thing pops up.

No amount of telling the Magi to "loosen up" is going to justify the defence of "Well I was having fun so that's all that matters." because while you're on these boards and in this chat you are required to show a minimum amount of respect and consideration to other patrons at all time.

That everyone gets their own opportunities to have fun and enjoy themselves, that is the entire reason behind the Code of Conduct and why the Magi have a multi-level warn system.

It doesn't matter if one of your friends finds it funny, it doesn't matter if a hundred of your friends find it funny, if you're showing the bare minimum respect and consideration for the other patrons then it does not belong here. Why? Because by being a patron here you benefit from the same privilege.

It doesn't matter if you think it's just a one off, because the same rules that apply to you apply to everyone else and if everyone did it then it wouldn't be a one off.

So in summary, if you have a rational reason why something in the Code of Conduct needs to be altered to allow for something then I'm happy to hear it. If you just want to say you thought x was funny or y sounds cool, then it's not going to change anything because it's not about what you want. It's about what everyone is offered when the role play here.

Nugan

First Post
Magi_Gabriel said:
Then it should come as no surprise you were able to post in this thread as it's not locked.

But the suggestion was made that it might be locked. That was what I was commenting on. I was offering my argument for why the thread should not be locked, as suggested. I assumed there was the possibility that the thread might be closed, since that possibility was brought up by a moderator in this thread.

Last edited:

Infernal Scribe

First Post
Below are links that may help folks out, as they relate to the en world message boards in general.
en rules
Squamous

the ISRP message boards themselves don't have a general chit-chat/silly/non-game discussion in the sub-forums. Now on one side of the coin, people are arguing that when they come on the ISRP home page they don't want to see silly stuff on the latest ISRP topic. Thats the little messages on the right hand of the screen. Mainly because, it isn't a ISRP topic. The other side of the coin seems to indicate that they want to see silly stuff on the latest ISRP topic. Unfortunately, that just sounds like more work for the moderators to well, moderator thru silliness to make sure everything is "PG". I would had suggested, leave it up to a vote or a poll for the mob of the Roman Arena to decide. But unfortunately, that probably won't work (just look at the debacle of the ISRP convention event).

so this is my suggestion. change the name of the Most Wanted! Fugitive List (since that part of the forumns that sees little love), into the non-ISRP related discussions. This is where people can talk about movies, silly stuff, and what not. When you post a thread like 'the Game' or something else in the non-ISRP related stuff. Its easy enough to type beside the title.. "the Game (non-ISRP)". that way, it keeps it within the small ISRP community.

Remove ads