Generally Speaking!

Nugan

First Post
Infernal Scribe said:
so this is my suggestion. change the name of the Most Wanted! Fugitive List (since that part of the forumns that sees little love), into the non-ISRP related discussions. This is where people can talk about movies, silly stuff, and what not. When you post a thread like 'the Game' or something else in the non-ISRP related stuff. Its easy enough to type beside the title.. "the Game (non-ISRP)". that way, it keeps it within the small ISRP community.

This, I think, would be a pretty good idea. It would certainly provide a solution to this debate, and, additionally, it would give people in the ISRP community an opportunity to discuss--and potentially bond over--something besides rules/setting/storyline minutia.

I was talking to another member about something similar to this a few days ago, and the only possible problem we came up with is that we were not sure if the Magi actually had access to the Admin CP for these boards, or if that access was exclusive to EnWorld admins. If the former is true, then an Off Topic forum could easily be created in five minutes or less. If it's the latter, however, they might have to navigate a bureaucratic bog in order to get a new forum added.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Nugan said:
But the suggestion was made that it might be locked. That was what I was commenting on. I was offering my argument for why the thread should not be locked, as suggested. I assumed there was the possibility that the thread might be closed, since that possibility was brought up by a moderator in this thread.

I think the moderator said something because the thread was beginning to deviate again with spam-like comments. Instead of bringing down the hammer and closing the thread, she tried to get the thread back on track like moderators are suppose to do and also responding to a complaint.

I also like the new category, but worry that we'll suddenly see an influx of non-related ISRP stuff on the log-in page, because it only shows so many posted threads. Also I thought it was really wonderful of patrons like Ruthia and Imreis who offered their message boards for non-community related topics in a place that a lot of community members visit.

Last edited:

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Getting forums changed here does take time as it requires the administrators of EN World to do the changes and with 4E and a boards upgrade coming up they are busy.

Unfortunately as you can see, the third of Russ' golden rules to follow by is:

Keep it on topic

No other area of EN World has a spam forum and I don't think that ISRP is a special snowflake that requires one. Especially since they've had similar type forums for a long time without the need for spamming.

Russ owns the server and I think the least we can do to thank him for making it available to us without a requirement to pay is adhere to the golden rules that he has created.

Ruthia

First Post
I'd like to offer a few forum suggestions, if I may? These forums, while not super uber popular yet, have the potential to becaome so. I will list thier owners and addresses as well as a breif information tid bit so people can check these out. All my listed sites have Spam space and welcome it in the listed area. :)

Plastered Pegasus: Owned by Myself and Imreis this Forum is based on our Chat Room that is located on the Den. We welcome guest to come play and registeration is not an requirment to post! Come see what we can offer, the more the merrier!http://z15.invisionfree.com/PlasteredPegasus/index.php?

MerBoards: Owned by Metro this RP based forum has grown up around his furturistic setting known as City Life. This forum is always in need of a few good members for both RP purposes and Spam purpose. Come check it out.
http://merboards.com/index.php

TAPI: Wander into the world of the Lords and the Adepts on this Forum, owned by Jeajea. With many help areas, a general RPing area, and yes...Spam...this boards will gladdly welcome you into it's craziness!
http://s6.invisionfree.com/tapi/index.php

Dykal: It seems I can not post this suggestion post without mentioning this last and HIGHLY trafficted place the Nugan has created. This forum has been around a long time with the members bass fo proof it! And it even has it's own Chat service. Spam is king on Dykal where people can try to do what ever nonsense pops in their head. A few warnings though. Dykal is NOT PG....not even PG13. Dykal is rated MA COMPLETELY. It's not a place for children to wander
http://www.dykal.net/forum/

So, this is the little list of places this dragon has flown too. If it helps, good. And if people have more suggestions..even better !:)

Nugan

First Post
Magi_Gabriel said:
No other area of EN World has a spam forum and I don't think that ISRP is a special snowflake that requires one.

It might be worth noting that a spam forum and an off topic discussion forum are not necessarily the same thing. Spam forums are generally full of one line threads and posts that exist primarily to increase a member's post count and/or for goofy, irreverent fun. If you've seen Gaia Online, you've seen a spam forum. An off topic discussion forum is for discussion of the same length and depth found elsewhere on the site, but not limited to a specific subject.

I don't think ISRP really needs a spam forum, but a forum for off topic discussion could be a valuable addition.

Of course, if En World can't or won't add the forum, then this is a moot point. This thread seems to be conflicted on whether or not EnWorld has an Off Topic area. A few members have suggested that it does, but G's post seems to indicate that it may not. I guess the only way to know for sure whether they would allow us to do it would be to put in a request.

Ruthia said:
Dykal: It seems I can not post this suggestion post without mentioning this last and HIGHLY trafficted place the Nugan has created. This forum has been around a long time with the members bass fo proof it! And it even has it's own Chat service. Spam is king on Dykal where people can try to do what ever nonsense pops in their head. A few warnings though. Dykal is NOT PG....not even PG13. Dykal is rated MA COMPLETELY. It's not a place for children to wander
http://www.dykal.net/forum/

Thanks Ruthia. It might also be worth noting that Dykal has a number of role-playing chat rooms as well, so if someone has a storyline--or sections of one--that they can't role-play here, they can play take it to us (or they can glide back and forth between the two sites as several of our members do). Also, Ruthia's post just reminded me that Dykal turns four years old tomorrow. It's not even a toddler anymore. Anyway, if anyone has any questions about the site, my various instant messenger handles are in my profile. Feel free to IM me.

BRANDIA

First Post
I don't see the problem. This place is what is it. The rules define it. If you start messing about with the rules you break it or turn it into something else. I want ISRP I go to ISRP if I want random bursts of lunatic behaviour, spaming and free form anarchy I'll go hang out some place like Dykal .. and If I want my friends to see my great new spam game I'll say. "Hey come to (insert forum name here) and look at my new game" As for asking the Magi to lighten up..well I say opening up three threads to do something that you've been asked politely not to and make a whole big deal about it is pretty heavy. So why don't we all just lighten up and in the words of John Lennon "Let it be"

Remove ads