• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy (Issue #5)

Aust Meliamne

First Post
Tokiwong said:
John
The old man nods, “Ah yes that would make a for a bad day, son,” he says taking seat with a sigh of relief, “I am sorry to hear that, about your father. And the lady as well, a woman has brought many a man low, not say that they are bad or anything, just that they tend to have that effect on us men.”

John’s mind flashes with pain as the voices clamor to reach inside his mind, but he keeps them out, by sheer force of will alone. DC 16, rolled a 17 to make the save, he is able to keep his powers in check, but the headache is getting worse. The voices are loud in his mind, almost overwhelming. John finally notices the man is still talking to him, “You alright son,” he says, “you must have a really bad headache, I wasn’t sure what was happening, you sure you are going to be okay?”[/B]
John finishes his ice cream and stands up, "Yeah, I'll be ok. Thanks for the ice cream. Nice talking with you."
With that, John continues walking around, window shoping when he runs into Mark and Ryan, "Hey guys. What's up?"

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:

William replies, "Well your specific elevation, I can't comment on, but I do know that you are a different person then you were. But you are still essentially at your core, Ruby. I suppose that what I mean by elevation is that you now have a wonderful gift, that will scare many people, but do not worry about them, they are afraid because they do not understand who you are or what you have become. It is a gift, a beautiful gift, Ruby."

Karen sits back allowing his words to sink in for a moment before replying with a wry smile: "A gift ... yes, maybe it is a gift but I’m not sure yet that it’s such a wonderful gift."
Most gifts don’t get people killed.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:

Karen sits back allowing his words to sink in for a moment before replying with a wry smile: "A gift ... yes, maybe it is a gift but I’m not sure yet that it’s such a wonderful gift."
Most gifts don’t get people killed.

"Do not doubt it, sometimes, bad things happen Ruby, but then again, bad things happen all the time. I would hate to think that you regret your abilities, becaus believe it or not they are who you are, they are a reflection of you, it has been shown that elite powers are tied to the mental psyche, in their appearance. Perhaps deep rooted, but the powers you possess are attached to the beautiful woman within," William replies.

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:

"Do not doubt it, sometimes, bad things happen Ruby, but then again, bad things happen all the time. I would hate to think that you regret your abilities, becaus believe it or not they are who you are, they are a reflection of you, it has been shown that elite powers are tied to the mental psyche, in their appearance. Perhaps deep rooted, but the powers you possess are attached to the beautiful woman within," William replies.

"Maybe when I grow more accustomed to my new powers I'll learn to appreciate them more, but for now I really miss those little things like eating." And breathing.

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:

"Maybe when I grow more accustomed to my new powers I'll learn to appreciate them more, but for now I really miss those little things like eating." And breathing.

William nodded and leaned towards her, "It is an adjustment, but with all things it just takes time. New senses, and new joys will open to you, there is sacrifice in all things, but what we gain, is so much more."

He leans back, "Besides, who knows, maybe you will get lucky, and get picked up for Justice Elite, or that Legacy thing I have been hearing, and be paraded about the globe as a superstar. Exploitation of the few at its best," he smirks.

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:

William nodded and leaned towards her, "It is an adjustment, but with all things it just takes time. New senses, and new joys will open to you, there is sacrifice in all things, but what we gain, is so much more."

He leans back, "Besides, who knows, maybe you will get lucky, and get picked up for Justice Elite, or that Legacy thing I have been hearing, and be paraded about the globe as a superstar. Exploitation of the few at its best," he smirks.

"We'll see, they might be exploited as superstars but they still accomplish a lot of good. There are worse things than becoming a superstar especially if it means you would be accepted by the world," she smiles at the thought that there might actually be a place in the world for someone like herself and leans back in her chair, a soft glimmer of hope appearing in her eyes.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Hello, I'm here too, Ryan thinks as just about every sales attendant in the store lavishes their attentions on Mark. He isn't that good looking anyway. Didn't Paragon say something about him endorsing Nike? I wonder what products I could endorse for some money.

Ordinary formalwear clashed with his disturbing purple glow. Ryan passed on every expensive suit he saw. I think traditional clothing is out. Heck, I look wierd anyway, I may as well wear something wierd and at least look halfway decent in it. What could I possibly look good in? Black and white are out. Maybe something light brown, that's both practical and comfortable. Probably something I can wear my uniform under, so that I'm not naked if I use an energy field. Ryan looks at the saleswoman nervously, then asks "Uh...this may sound unusual, but do you think it would be possible for me to order some kind of custom made light brown robe kind of thing that's not too hot in this sun? Because I'm not sure anything in this store really goes well with purple."

Ryan pretends to ignore John, thinking He could be the one. His powers went 'uncontrolled' during the mall fight, after all. And he knew about both times. I better say something so he doesn't get suspicious. "Hi, John. What's up?"

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika looks through some dresses, allowing a sales clerk to assist her, as formal wear is far from her forte. She finally finds a few dresses she thinks she'd like and tries them on. The one she likes best is a baby blue strapless evening gown. "Wow, this is nice," she says to the clerk as she looks into the mirror. "You think it's a bit much for a school dance?"

"Well, were you looking at a certain price range...?" the clerk asked.

"No, not really," Anika responded, still wacthing her image in the mirror.

The clerk beams, "In that case, it's perfect!"

Anika changes back out of the dress and takes it to the counter. Pulling a wallet out of her purse she says, "Dad gave me this in case of emergencies." She removes a gold credit card from her wallet. "This counts as an emergency, wouldn't you say?" she says with a grin, handing it to the clerk.

Having paid for her new dress, she finds the others in the store. "We might have to go back and look at underwear," she says, "I really don't have anything that goes with this..."

Aust Meliamne

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Ryan pretends to ignore John, thinking He could be the one. His powers went 'uncontrolled' during the mall fight, after all. And he knew about both times. I better say something so he doesn't get suspicious. "Hi, John. What's up?"
"Not much. Just walking around trying to get rid of this headache. Saw you guys in here and thought I'd hang out for a while. You guys going with anyone to the dance?"
Another salesclerk approaches John, "Can I help you find something, sir?"
"No thanks. I think I'm ok." John takes a minute to consider the thought then reconsiders, "Actually on second thought, yeah. I could use a nice shirt and pants or something for the school dance. Maybe something in dark blue for the shirt and khaki or tan for the pants. And maybe a tie, too."

Cassie watches calmly as she walks with the girls, taking note of what Anika picked out.

(I don't know what happened, I posted something and it's not here.)

Remove ads