• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy (Issue #5)

Tokiwong

First Post
The Hospital

The detective listens to everyone before replying, “I understand your feelings, and I am not naming anyone as a suspect yet, but I would like to talk to Ryan, if at least to satisfy my curiosity.”

Mr. McCallister sighed, “Alright, but I have to agree with everyone else that Ryan is basically a good kid. Him and Mark are good friends, he wouldn’t do something like this.”

At Anika’s question, the detective hands off the card in plastic to Anika, “Yoshi here seems to think this statement on this card refers to Ryan, out of some kind of jealousy or not making the Legacy team.”

Yoshi shrugged, “I am just saying, the guy seems kind of messed in the head at times. But I have to agree this may be even be too much for him, but then again, how much do we really know about Ryan?”

Jun Min sighed, “I don’t know, I really don’t even want to think about this.”

The detective nods, and flashes her card handing one to each of the people in the room placing one on the stand next to Mark, “I am going to do some checking on this Star, if you need to contact me, my number is on the card. I will see you all in the morning. Good evening,” she turned and walked out of the room, after retrieving the card in the plastic bag back from Anika.

Yoshi looked at the card, “Damn this is sounding kind of serious.”

The Institute

Karen and Kal find Mr. Kincaid pretty easily, as he checks over the students as they arrive from the party. He sighs, muttering, pretty upset and then see Karen and smiles, “Looks like that is about everyone, glad to see you made it back safe without getting into harm’s way.”

Kal waves, “Hey, man you got any idea what went down tonight?”

Mr. Kincaid replies, “Yeah, Pantheon agents attacked a club downtown, about 30 people dead, a hundred injured, and I guess Mark had a run in with a tough elite, he is in the hospital, and the last I heard Star, was missing.”

Kal blinked, “Damn, that sounds intense.”

On the Way to the Hospital

John sits in the back of the Jeep quiet and despondent, listening to Ryan and Cassie talk. He sits and lets his mind wander, picking up their errant thoughts as the weather begins to turn foul, the closer they get to the hospital.

As it comes into sight, John speaks, “Do you think this has anything to with Overseer, or Genocide?”

OOC: You can assume that for now, nothing bad has happened lately…

Hammerhead

Explorer
First it's me smiling and now this. You know people, you don't see me ragging on you, do you? Ryan thinks angrily. "I am not angry all the time, Cassandra. I'm merely angry when any normal guy would be angry. It just so happens that in my life, these situations come up very often."

Let's see how she likes her flaws being pointed out. "At least I can actually express emotions and can do more than softly smile and say soft little words of kindness. Where were you when your little boyfriend was tearing into me? Do you know what it feels like when everyone is laughing at you, ridiculing you, thinking you're worthless? Could you imagine feeling that way your entire life?," Ryan finishes angrily, glaring at Cassandra.

Unfortunately, glaring at someone while driving in a blizzard is dangerous. "What the he-," Ryan wonders, glancing at the falling snow outside the windshield. He then notices the stopped car in front of him, and wildly swerves to avoid a collision. Why the heck is it snowing? You know, I should really shut up now and pay attention. Could this night get any worse?

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Yoshi shrugged, “I am just saying, the guy seems kind of messed in the head at times. But I have to agree this may be even be too much for him, but then again, how much do we really know about Ryan?”

"Good enough," Mark says firmly.

Yoshi looked at the card, “Damn this is sounding kind of serious.”

Mark sighs and winces, "That's just what I was thinking about...well however long ago it was." Half to himself Mark continues, "Could really go for a swim right now. Need to buy a new shirt too." Realizing he spoke aloud, he looks up a little too quickly and winces again, "It really was great of you guys to come, though. I never had visitors in the hospital before."

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika hands the card back to the detective as she leaves. "No way, if you'd seen the look on his face when we heard the news...no way. Besides, if he was going to blame anyone for not making the team, it would be me. If I wasn't brought here from the school in Spain, he'd probably have my spot on the team."

She finally gives in to her exhaustion and collapses onto the floor. She rubs her face with her hands. "I just finished helping move dead and injured people from a ruined building, I really don't want to continue this idiotic debate," she states harshly.

Charlotte sighs, perhaps out of relief as she got back to the institute. Getting out of the middle of the water was definately a good thing for her, but the reason why is what kept her unsettled on the drive back. She felt rude to her date, though.

She walked with Viktor up to the school, intentionally lagging behind everyone else so that no one would pay too much attention to them, Charlotte wrapping her arms around herself to shield herself from the cold as she spoke freely. "Up until now I've hard a really fun night, you better believe I won't forget it."

She then turned to her date, looking in her eyes as she spoke, "Definately no regrets." She then turned her head down, smiling as if she just got a funny joke, before continuing, "If you think about it, it's kind of like that kid's story, Cinderella-for one night, the night of the dance, everything changes. From the clothes to the handsome prince, I think I lived the fairy tale for a night."

Listening to the silence of the night, the light of the moon glistening in the background, she asks, "So...what now?"

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
"Well, can't that Ryan guy just heal Mark, I mean, in the circles we run in, injuries just arent much more then a momentary inconveinance. Really, wouldn't Ryan healing Mark kind of clear him, since no one that actually knows Ryan thinks he would do it. I am just going by what you have said about him, I don't really actually know him. I mean I have met him, but I have been so busy that I don't actually know anyone here." Says Kelly from her perch on the window from where she is watching Mark, unaware of the blizzard going on behind her.

Sighing, she idly smoothes out a crease in her boot. Well, I can say this for Sakura, her taste in guys is good, even if her taste for drugs is bad, she definitely picked a cutie. I wonder how far she actually got with him, I mean she is like older then both of us. She thinks as she watches Mark like he's an ice cream cone that she is deciding on whether or not she likes the flavor.

Tokiwong

First Post
The Hosptial

Yoshi nods, "Oh yeah, Ryan can freaking heal Mark, dude, where is that dude at, you could be up and out of bed in no time! Nice I have to say that for a fact, hey why is it snowing outside," he says curiously.

Mr. McCallister nods, "Because someone is not keeping their powers in check, Miss Mitchell if you would show some restraint, these people are not exactly used to driving in such conditions."

Jun Min smiles, "Wow... that is cool."

On the way to the Hospital

John nods, "I don't think she meant it in a bad way from what I see, but then again her experience is much more limited then mine or yours."

As th studnets swerve on the road, and the thin layer of ice as they approach the Hospital moving into the parking lot.

Charlotte

Viktor smile, "It was a pleasant evening while it lasted, up until the end, one of the best nights here, and Yoshi sure knows to party, and spend money."

Viktor leads Charlotte back to her room, "We should do it again some time, okay?"

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
The Institute

Karen and Kal find Mr. Kincaid pretty easily, as he checks over the students as they arrive from the party. He sighs, muttering, pretty upset and then see Karen and smiles, “Looks like that is about everyone, glad to see you made it back safe without getting into harm’s way.”

Kal waves, “Hey, man you got any idea what went down tonight?”

Mr. Kincaid replies, “Yeah, Pantheon agents attacked a club downtown, about 30 people dead, a hundred injured, and I guess Mark had a run in with a tough elite, he is in the hospital, and the last I heard Star, was missing.”

Kal blinked, “Damn, that sounds intense.”

Karen returns his smile, "I was in good hands," she says, pulling Kal a bit closer to her.

The look of worry quickly returns though as she doesn't see Anika or Kelly among the other students, "Where are Kelly and Anika? Are they alright? Will Mark be alright? Is there anything we can do?"

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
The Hosptial

Yoshi nods, "Oh yeah, Ryan can freaking heal Mark, dude, where is that dude at, you could be up and out of bed in no time! Nice I have to say that for a fact, hey why is it snowing outside," he says curiously.

Mr. McCallister nods, "Because someone is not keeping their powers in check, Miss Mitchell if you would show some restraint, these people are not exactly used to driving in such conditions."

Jun Min smiles, "Wow... that is cool."
Kelly looks up from Mark to Yoshi and Mr. McCallister, startled, not having realized she was actually affecting the weather at the moment. Looking outside she puts on a sheepish grin and sighs, "I'm sorry about that, I wasn't trying to or anything, its just that, it tends to umm... be like how I'm feeling outside, its kind of like the worlds most obvious mood ring. I... I'll just fix it I guess." she says, sounding slightly embarressed.

She traces her fingers along the frosted glass of the window, willing the surrounding weather to take hold again and undo what her inattention had done to the area. Kelly willed the area to heat up once more to what it should have been, the normal heat of a place so close to the equator. "I am sorry about that, and it is only about 8 miles around or so that I actually can touch, well, at the moment anyway, maybe I'll get stronger or something." she says apolagetically.

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
Karen returns his smile, "I was in good hands," she says, pulling Kal a bit closer to her.

The look of worry quickly returns though as she doesn't see Anika or Kelly among the other students, "Where are Kelly and Anika? Are they alright? Will Mark be alright? Is there anything we can do?"
Mr. Kincaid smirks, "Kids, well you are in my hands now, so don't worry. This place is pretty damn secure, so you two go ahead, and well do whatever it is you guys do. For right now relax, and just stay on campus, till I get word from Mr. McCallister."

Kal shrugs, "Well you want to go outside to the Yard?" he says to Karen.

Remove ads