• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy (Issue #5)

Cassie watches as Ryan flies away and frowns. "Great." dashes inside and looks for a clue as to which room they are in. -Why does he always seem to find insult in every action or statement. Maybe I should just do as Yoshi says and keep my mouth shut.?-

Samnell

Explorer
Shalimar said:
Kelly looks up from Mark to Yoshi and Mr. McCallister, startled, not having realized she was actually affecting the weather at the moment. Looking outside she puts on a sheepish grin and sighs, "I'm sorry about that, I wasn't trying to or anything, its just that, it tends to umm... be like how I'm feeling outside, its kind of like the worlds most obvious mood ring. I... I'll just fix it I guess." she says, sounding slightly embarressed.

Mark shrugs, and immediately regrets it. Damn those painkillers sound good. "I still put buttons in the walls sometimes."

Samnell

Explorer
Hammerhead said:
"Hey," Ryan simply says, waving at the group. Looking at Mr. McCallister, he reports "Everyone got back okay. It would seem that whatever happened to Mark was an isolated incident." Ryan then examines Mark's injuries, and reshapes them with cosmic energy, healing Mark. Magic hands, eh? What am I, a walking first aid kit?

Mark relaxes considerably as Ryan heals him, "That beats a hello any day. Thanks, man." Mark shakes his hand.

"Now that Marks all healed, can we like get out of here, Hospitals really creep me out. I mean you never know when someone is going to come along with a needle and stick it in you in a place like this." Kelly says as she turns back from the window to look at everyone again.

"That makes two of us," Mark agrees and starts to swing a leg out from under the blankets before he realizes he's in a hospital gown. He stops abruptly. "Uh, are my clothes somewhere around here?"

"Charles! Of course! Kelly, do you think we could hire your former bodyguard as a consultant? He might have valuable contacts that might allow us to track down the assassin who nearly killed Mark. He is a mercenary, you know?"

"Well the guy did say he was getting paid for it..."

Tokiwong

First Post
The Hospital

Everyone meets up in the room and Yoshi tosses Mark his clothes, "Sounds like a good plan, Ryan," he smirks, "That is a first for you. So Kelly get in contact with Charles, we can bring him out to the Institute, find out what he knows, and who he knows, and then see if we can track down the assassin, then we beat him down. After we find out who hired him, of course."

Mr. McCallister just listens but does not comment.

Back at the Institute

Kal and several other students hit the pool, trying to throw off the events of the evening, although the talk is all about what happened, and the news shows snippets of the events, and all the scandal and everything else.

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
The Hospital
Everyone meets up in the room and Yoshi tosses Mark his clothes, "Sounds like a good plan, Ryan," he smirks, "That is a first for you. So Kelly get in contact with Charles, we can bring him out to the Institute, find out what he knows, and who he knows, and then see if we can track down the assassin, then we beat him down. After we find out who hired him, of course."

Mr. McCallister just listens but does not comment.

Mark takes up his clothes and pulls his shirt over his head while still in the hospital gown and under blankets. Buttoning it, he sees that it does indeed bear bloodstains. "He did get my blood all over it. First shirt I ever bought legal..." Mark takes up his pants, glances at everyone in his room, and pulls them under his covers. The blankets suddenly puff out like sails as Mark blurs. Before they settle down on him, he's out of bed and standing fully clothed beside it. Looking down, Mark sees a bit of his underwear poking out of the zipped fly of his pants. He quickly corrects the problem.

"Ok, I'm behind that plan but let's make beating him up a team sport. That's unless Ryan wants to fix everyone up."

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly smiles at Mark's modesty, as he slips his pants under the covers to dress, she certainly wouldn't have, he was wearing underwear after-all, that, and she loved showing off her body, she did work hard to keep it very nice, and she like having it appreciated. In the back of her mind she maintains the dampening of her weather mood-ring, as she hops up from the windowsil since it looks like everyone is ready to go.

"I would say count me in for helping with the assassin, but I don't think Mr. McCallister would want me to, I'm not a part of Legacy and therefore I have to be kept safe, or something like that," she says giving a slightly amused smile to the idea, "but yea, I'll call Charles, I kind of wanted to talk to him anyway, hes been protecting me since I was little, so we can definitely trust him," she says. She slips an ear-piece cellphne from her purse into her ear after hitting the appropriate speed-dial.

Tokiwong

First Post
The Hospital Room

After four rings, she hears the gruff voice of Charles, “Morning Princess, do you know what time it is? Damn, hey go back to sleep babe, this is for me,” Kelly hears a lengthy pause, and then Charles speaks again, “So what do you need, your pops contract ran out and I don’t do charity work, sweetie, but for you I can work a discount. I am assuming this is a business call?”

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
The Hospital Room

After four rings, she hears the gruff voice of Charles, “Morning Princess, do you know what time it is? Damn, hey go back to sleep babe, this is for me,” Kelly hears a lengthy pause, and then Charles speaks again, “So what do you need, your pops contract ran out and I don’t do charity work, sweetie, but for you I can work a discount. I am assuming this is a business call?”
Kelly blinked at the clock, what time was it exactly, she was sort of tired, but her adrenaline was still pounding from earlier, so her tim sense was all messed up. "I'm sorry about the time, I really am, but its important." she said to her former bodygaurd, one of the few times she had ever apologized to him, it certainly underscored her seriousness about whatever she was calling him for.

She sighs and then launches into her reason for calling. "Yea, its business. Have you caught the news lately? I guess not, well, anyway. Someone tried to assassinate Mark, the leader of that new team, Legacy tonight, and it looks like they might be trying to frame another student, you met him, its that Ryan guy from the gym that you talked to. Anyway, someone came up with the idea that, since your a person that does the guarding of bodies, you might know some of the players that bodies need to be guarded against, or at the least be able to find out from some old war buddy or something."

Kelly looks from Yoshi to Markto Ryan before finishing what she is about to say. "If your willing to come out and do a little digging, I'll pay standard rates, whatever those are." she says with a sigh, knowing that standard rates didn't apply to someone as enhanced as Charles was. It might put a crimp in her shopping for the next week or two, and she had her eye on an upcoming fashion line.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
Kelly blinked at the clock, what time was it exactly, she was sort of tired, but her adrenaline was still pounding from earlier, so her tim sense was all messed up. "I'm sorry about the time, I really am, but its important." she said to her former bodygaurd, one of the few times she had ever apologized to him, it certainly underscored her seriousness about whatever she was calling him for.

She sighs and then launches into her reason for calling. "Yea, its business. Have you caught the news lately? I guess not, well, anyway. Someone tried to assassinate Mark, the leader of that new team, Legacy tonight, and it looks like they might be trying to frame another student, you met him, its that Ryan guy from the gym that you talked to. Anyway, someone came up with the idea that, since your a person that does the guarding of bodies, you might know some of the players that bodies need to be guarded against, or at the least be able to find out from some old war buddy or something."

Kelly looks from Yoshi to Markto Ryan before finishing what she is about to say. "If your willing to come out and do a little digging, I'll pay standard rates, whatever those are." she says with a sigh, knowing that standard rates didn't apply to someone as enhanced as Charles was. It might put a crimp in her shopping for the next week or two, and she had her eye on an upcoming fashion line.
“Got it, so that means I need to come out to Mudaba Adin, damn and things were about to get bloody out here in Thailand, Triads and Tongs, bloody turf wars. Oh well, if you need me to do some actual work, I am going to need 450K up front, if you just need a consultant, I can swing that for an even 200K, oh and your picking up my ticket. I will have a receipt when I get there, make sure you have the paperwork in order when I arrive. Be there in about thirteen hours, your lucky I never actually move this fast unless I think it is important,” Charles replies.

The line goes dead, after Charles is done talking.

Yoshi waits, “So is he coming out to help?”

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly sighed once more, this time at the figure and the fact that she was buying the ticket for Charles. "I sort of figured I was." she said to the empty air softly. "Yea, he's coming, he'll be here in half a day. Now all I have to do is some creative accounting." she says winking at Yoshi. "There goes that shopping trip, and my accountant is soo going to kill me." the popstar jokes with a shrug.

"So like are we all getting out of here or what? I want some sleep, and I have some stuff to do before he gets here tomorrow. If anyone can find out who is behind it, Charles certainly can, he's very good at what he does, with all the modifications he's been through, he could probably stand up to Paragon or Bishop." Kelly says as she leaves the room, gently brushing against Mark on her way out of the room to wait done in the lobby for the others as she made a few phone calls, while her Credit card was certainly good for the money, Charles pobably didn't take Credit cards.

She dialed up her Swiss banker, as she paced back and forth out by the hospital exit. "I need you to set up another bank account, transfer funds to it from my secondary account. I want $500,000 in it, and I want it set up so that myself and my bodygaurd can withdraw from it with the proper verification code without any hassals. Make the verification code Princess 4-18-2006." she tells the banker, indicating an emergency account set up by her father, certainly he wouldn't mind if she used it for this, afterall, an assassin knocking off students at her school was an emergency, although she wasn't really looking forward to the phonecall she would be getting within the next ten minutes. He somehow always found out right away whenever she took any money from that account, she hadn't done it for awhile, not sing her first album had sold big, but, it was kind of like the boy who cried wolf. She might have to do that commercial for that make-up company after all.

Last edited:

Remove ads