• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #8 "Innocence Lost" - Part 2

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly grimaces at the lack of thunder and glass exploding. "Did you know that she can do that? Cause her just stopping my thunderbolt seems like it bodes really bad for us getting out of here. What's that forcefield made out of anyway?" she asks Tommy, before shrugging and starting to run with him, trying to find the butler.

Her heart is pounding from the excitement of blowing apart those 2 starbots, as well as the adrenaline of being on the run through something that a mere 5 minutes ago was a safe haven, but now ws a surpisingly well constructed death trap. She keeps her airshield up, trusting in Tommy's programming of the Star bots to keep him safe from them.

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika continues to stare out the window, fatigue causing her eyes to eventually glaze over as she loses focus. She sighs, shaking her head a bit to wake up. "You don't think it's trouble, do you? I am so tired, I doubt I could go ten rounds with a purple UFO. I'm going to bed, if we're going to go see Big Ugly in the morning, I'll need some energy to be able to tell him what I think of him."

She turns to Ryan and gives him a smile before heading to her room for a few hours of sleep.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
Kelly grimaces at the lack of thunder and glass exploding. "Did you know that she can do that? Cause her just stopping my thunderbolt seems like it bodes really bad for us getting out of here. What's that forcefield made out of anyway?" she asks Tommy, before shrugging and starting to run with him, trying to find the butler.

Her heart is pounding from the excitement of blowing apart those 2 starbots, as well as the adrenaline of being on the run through something that a mere 5 minutes ago was a safe haven, but now ws a surpisingly well constructed death trap. She keeps her airshield up, trusting in Tommy's programming of the Star bots to keep him safe from them.

Tommy and Kelly rush through the halls through a silent structure, blood on the walls, and corpses littering the rooms, blast mark scouring the walls. Tommy looks saddened, “All my work, all for naught, I can’t believe I did not see this coming. I trusted her, I should have known you can’t trust anyone, even family…”

James

Kiyana nods, “I am fine, but where are we…” she echoes.

“We are nowhere, we are somewhere, and we are nowhere all at once. But I think this place is a healthy representation of what I find to be peaceful. Welcome James, I am sorry to pull you here, but you are the most sensitive to the ebb and flow of time and space. I am facing a difficult decision and despite his support, John would only try and stop me from what I have been chosen to do, to help you, Ryan, and everyone.”

She stood and walked towards James, “But I am in need of your help. She needs your help, time is of the essence if Kelly and Tommy are to survive their trial. If you trust me, I will explain all in due time.”

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Tear's leak down Kelly's face as the pair run through the corridors candy coated in blood. "Its not gonna be all for nothing, we can stop her, we need to stop her, she can't just get away with killing all of these people. Its not right, its not fair." she says as she floats along the corridors, easily matching Tommy's running speed.

"I'll never betray you Tommy, I love you, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you in a million years." she tells him, "I'll be with you and we can fix this together, help you get everything back under control." the popstar says, doing her best to comfort him.

"Um, you wouldn't happen to have some kind of over-ride for all of this stuff in here, I mean, a voice command to shut the STAR bots down instead of having to destroy them do you? This is gonna get expensive and your the one picking up the tab. Not to mention that it would nice to not have to fight all of them."

Karl Green

First Post
James [aka Traveller]

Tokiwong said:
James
Kiyana nods, “I am fine, but where are we…” she echoes.

“We are nowhere, we are somewhere, and we are nowhere all at once. But I think this place is a healthy representation of what I find to be peaceful. Welcome James, I am sorry to pull you here, but you are the most sensitive to the ebb and flow of time and space. I am facing a difficult decision and despite his support, John would only try and stop me from what I have been chosen to do, to help you, Ryan, and everyone.”

She stood and walked towards James, “But I am in need of your help. She needs your help, time is of the essence if Kelly and Tommy are to survive their trial. If you trust me, I will explain all in due time.”

James looks around and says "Ah who do I got to help? Ryan? Wait, Tommy and Kelly are alive? Where are we exactly again... are we like in your mind or something? Who is 'she'? But yea, sure I trust you Sarah...what do you need me to do?" He looks over at Kiyana and smiles, trying to put on a brave face...

Cassie settles back and closes her eyes, only her steady breathing showing she's not asleep, strangely at ease just before the action is to begin. Within her mind she is concentrating and focusing on how to keep the inpendinging infiltraion from becoming something bad. She's resolved to do little or no lasting physical harm to any she runs into.

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Outside on the expansive balcony, Star smiles weakly, “I m sorry I should not have done that, I was taken up by the moment. I apologize Mark,” she says oblivious to the flash in the sky.

Mark steps back from Star awkwardly. "Uh...it's- uh... It's ok," Mark says unconvincingly.

“Excuse me Mark, you have an urgent message from Paragon, secure line 4-5-Alpha-Echo-2; I hope I am not interrupting.”

"It's ok," Mark answers his comm a bit too quickly as he half-turns away from Star and keys his comm to the secure line. What now? Don't we get any time to do anything but this?

"It's Mark," he says into the comm.

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
Karen seems quite the opposite to Cassie, she constantly worries, her mind racing over all the things that could possibly go wrong. The more she thinks about it the worst the possibilities get, so she starts staring out over the city, trying to clear her mind.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
Tear's leak down Kelly's face as the pair run through the corridors candy coated in blood. "Its not gonna be all for nothing, we can stop her, we need to stop her, she can't just get away with killing all of these people. Its not right, its not fair." she says as she floats along the corridors, easily matching Tommy's running speed.

"It's expensive," he says flatly.

Shalimar said:
"I'll never betray you Tommy, I love you, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you in a million years." she tells him, "I'll be with you and we can fix this together, help you get everything back under control." the popstar says, doing her best to comfort him.

Tommy has no reply as he looks around.

Shalimar said:
"Um, you wouldn't happen to have some kind of over-ride for all of this stuff in here, I mean, a voice command to shut the STAR bots down instead of having to destroy them do you? This is gonna get expensive and your the one picking up the tab. Not to mention that it would nice to not have to fight all of them."

"We have 15 minutes to clear the facility, and then it won't really matter. To stop the STAR androids from escaping I have locked down the facility, and initiated the internal detonation systems, this place will implode, and I won't have to worry about it. Maybe it will take Erika with it, maybe not, but I know it should take her by surprise," Tommy replies as the duo crash through another set of doors into a room with seven more STAR androids, including a model with black markings on the shoulders...

"Nice a Hunter-Killer... I always wanted to see how well those worked..." Tommy reflects.

Mark

“Mark, its Josiah, cleaning up the mess in Venice. We got the elite responsible, claims h had an accomplice, but she is nowhere to be found. But I just wanted to let you know we got a handle on your friend’s killer. I got the update from Pramoj, good job with Strength; I can’t wait-” he pauses in the image.

“Bloody hell! Okay Mark, how fast can Legacy be ready to leave, we got ourselves an emergency at Eden… or what is left of it,” the elite hero scowls.

James

Sarah holds out her hand to James, “If we do not act quickly then she will die, she has no idea the depths that he will go, and sacrificing her is only a small measure of his determination to stay alive. If you take my hand I can show you, then concentrate and we shall be there.”

Kiyana stands by silent, obviously in shock at everything that is transpiring.

Karen and Cassie

The aerodyne does a brief flyby as Aris maneuvers the craft around in-line with the landing site, “Alright one more pass and then I am touching down, from here on out, we just have to stick together and not get into any needless fights.”

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Mark

“Mark, its Josiah, cleaning up the mess in Venice. We got the elite responsible, claims h had an accomplice, but she is nowhere to be found. But I just wanted to let you know we got a handle on your friend’s killer. I got the update from Pramoj, good job with Strength; I can’t wait-” he pauses in the image.

"Tha-"

“Bloody hell! Okay Mark, how fast can Legacy be ready to leave, we got ourselves an emergency at Eden… or what is left of it,” the elite hero scowls.

The light couldn't have been Ryan having a wet dream. Mark sighs, "Half of us are asleep. We can be out of here in forty-five minutes." Mark looks anxiously towards Star and takes a step towards the door and the others. "Anything else you can tell me right now or will we have to find out on the way?"

Despite his sigh, Mark could feel his fatigue rapidly waning. Need to get a new uniform out of the aerodyne. I'm not going to get killed smelling like this. Got time for a shower too.

Last edited:

Remove ads