• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #8 "Innocence Lost" - Part 2

Tokiwong

First Post
Samnell said:
The light couldn't have been Ryan having a wet dream. Mark sighs, "Half of us are asleep. We can be out of here in forty-five minutes." Mark looks anxiously towards Star and takes a step towards the door and the others. "Anything else you can tell me right now or will we have to find out on the way?"

Despite his sigh, Mark could feel his fatigue rapidly waning. Need to get a new uniform out of the aerodyne. I'm not going to get killed smelling like this. Got time for a shower too.

Star just nods, "I will be waiting at the aerodyne."

Josiah continues, “Well other then its bloodier crazy then hell itself there? We lost all contact about five minutes ago; there was a purple flash over the South Pacific visible from both the United States west coast and Japan… I don’t know what could do that… be careful, you are doing purely rescue operations we have civilians and personnel that are waiting for your arrival. Local UN forces are on the way as we speak, but UNJE needs to be on the scene, I will meet you there. Forty-five minutes… try fifteen minutes chap, we don’t have time!”

He cuts the line.

Tokiwong said:
Karen and Cassie

The aerodyne does a brief flyby as Aris maneuvers the craft around in-line with the landing site, “Alright one more pass and then I am touching down, from here on out, we just have to stick together and not get into any needless fights.”
"Sounds like an astute plan." Cassie says without any candor in her voice. "I would definitely think that we should try to disable as much as possible when confrontration is unavoidable."

Shalimar

First Post
"Uh, you couldn't have set it when we were closer to the surface could you?" she asks, wondering if they would be able to fight their way through the Star bots in time. When they stumble upon the second group of Star's she lets out a low moan. "Exactly how many of these things are there Tommy, I don't think I can fight an entire factory of them at once." she complains.

She does as before, quickly letting off a pair of lightning bolts as quickly as she can, expecting these to fall as quickly as the others. "So what exactly can these Hunter-Killers do that are so special." the teenager asks, her short hair blowing about in her air shield.

[ooc: Heroic Surge for a second Lightning Bolt, (Area, Dazzle, Stun, Scramble Electronics)]

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Uh, you couldn't have set it when we were closer to the surface could you?" she asks, wondering if they would be able to fight their way through the Star bots in time. When they stumble upon the second group of Star's she lets out a low moan. "Exactly how many of these things are there Tommy, I don't think I can fight an entire factory of them at once." she complains.

"Hundreds in this factory, technically 893.4 STAR androids," he replied.

Shaimar said:
She does as before, quickly letting off a pair of lightning bolts as quickly as she can, expecting these to fall as quickly as the others. "So what exactly can these Hunter-Killers do that are so special." the teenager asks, her short hair blowing about in her air shield.

[ooc: Heroic Surge for a second Lightning Bolt, (Area, Dazzle, Stun, Scramble Electronics)]

"They were designed to hunt and kill elites, the UNJE specifically requested this design, and I think I was quite successful," he grins, "good luck," he says as he walks right by them, "see you top side."

Initiative: Hunter-Killer STAR 28, Kelly 13, x6 STAR Androids 6

The Hunter-Killer raises its gun arm and fires a rapid fire salvo of plasma burts at Kelly! Both blasts strike right into Kelly with powerful force!

The Hunter-Killer rolled a 24 and a 17 to strike versus Kelly's flat-footed Defense of 15. Kelly's first damage save is an 11... she also has a Fortitude save to make after this...

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
No hero point expenditure

Kelly takes a Lethal Injury and is Stunned. She then rolls a Fortitude save of 14 and is also Stunned by the Stun effect of her blast. She rolls a 2 for her second damage save...

Shalimar

First Post
I will let the damage save of 2 stand as well, I'll use a Hero point to remove all 4 of the stunned conditions (Gah), Then I'll proceed with the pair of lightning bolts centered on the Hunter killer. It'll take me from disabled to dying, but I'd end up dying when the 6 normal STARS attack anyway, at least I hopefully get to make something go boom before she dies.

Karl Green

First Post
Tokiwong said:
James

Sarah holds out her hand to James, “If we do not act quickly then she will die, she has no idea the depths that he will go, and sacrificing her is only a small measure of his determination to stay alive. If you take my hand I can show you, then concentrate and we shall be there.”

Kiyana stands by silent, obviously in shock at everything that is transpiring.

James takes Sarah's hand but also tries to hold onto Kiyana, not wanting to leave her behind, wherever the heck they are... "Ah ok Sarah I guess we are ready"

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Local UN forces are on the way as we speak, but UNJE needs to be on the scene, I will meet you there. Forty-five minutes… try fifteen minutes chap, we don’t have time!”

He cuts the line.

And you can kiss mine while you're at it. Mark walks back into room and claps Yoshi on the shoulder before he speaks to make sure everyone present is awake and listening.

"Paragon called. We've got a rescue mission out at Eden. Everybody on the aerodyne in fifteen," he says abruptly. "We're going where that purple light came from, I guess. No contact with them since then," Mark doesn't quite look at Ryan as he mentions the light.

Aenion

First Post
"I agree," Karen says in reply, "I really don't want to get in trouble," she still looks very worried and likely very scared as well. They all seem to know what they're doing. I hope I don't get in the way.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads