• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy the Next Generation of OOC

Shalimar said:
Well, depending on her father's answer Legacy will be seeing Clover in fairly short order.

Seems to me that the others have already written her off.

And her dad is a cold bastard.

Question: Didn't everyone in the UN seem to think Ryan was vital? Orbital striking the worlds best chance against Overseer seems.. well foolish.

Unless OS is manipulating events.

Shalimar

First Post
Granted her father might figure that Clover would try to get a read on him, but its absolutely impossible to tell that she is using the power, even with a detect mental power or awareness feat. She isn't actually entering the people's minds, merely reading from their body language down to the tiniest and most involuntary movements, and then her power fills in what those tiny involuntary movements most likely mean.

Not disagreeing on the fact that a person could avoid her reading of them, just wanted to be clear on how it works.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
Granted her father might figure that Clover would try to get a read on him, but its absolutely impossible to tell that she is using the power, even with a detect mental power or awareness feat. She isn't actually entering the people's minds, merely reading from their body language down to the tiniest and most involuntary movements, and then her power fills in what those tiny involuntary movements most likely mean.

Not disagreeing on the fact that a person could avoid her reading of them, just wanted to be clear on how it works.
Oki doki, it mainly means, I don't want the secrets of the UNJE getting out cause someone reads people minds rather flippantly. :)

Plus her dad is so cool I rather him be the one to know her better then anyone.

Edit: hell he trained her

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Oki doki, it mainly means, I don't want the secrets of the UNJE getting out cause someone reads people minds rather flippantly. :)

Plus her dad is so cool I rather him be the one to know her better then anyone.

Edit: hell he trained her

I didn't think mind reading in this situation was exactly that flippant, but I do understand. The way to get around her reading people is still a will save, but her mind reading isn't a mental power so immunity to mental powers doesn't work. Its just a will save to rigidly control yourself and present a completely blank face that she can't glean any meaning from.

But I'd agree that he'd definitely expect her to try and read them after what he has said.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
I didn't think mind reading in this situation was exactly that flippant, but I do understand. The way to get around her reading people is still a will save, but her mind reading isn't a mental power so immunity to mental powers doesn't work. Its just a will save to rigidly control yourself and present a completely blank face that she can't glean any meaning from.

But I'd agree that he'd definitely expect her to try and read them after what he has said.
LOL flippant is too strong a word, it is part of her "style" to do so.

As far as the effect yeah, I understand that, but I really don't want to get into the messy affair of determining when it applies, if it is a will save it is a will save, if they have an immunity to that then it works. The fact that he knew is one, well like I said he trained her, and two, the way it works "in setting" is that their minds are consistently buzzing with "white noise" it is probably pretty annoying until they get used to it, and also well have compensators so they don't go insane.

But the white noise basically makes it impossible to read, and I use the term white noise, but there is obviously no real sound but it screens the mind in useless information.

If the system senses any intrusion, i.e. it repels mental invasion they would recognize it, from a subtle ability they won't know who; hell they will barely feel it. But given his knowledge it was easy for him to pinpoint where.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
There isn't any intrusion for the system to react to. The systems would certainly counteract her powers as well as anyone who used mental powers on them, but they'd counter hers simply because the white noise would be cancelling or interfering with their involuntary movements. The system would only be able to give them info if it could tell whenever a person looked at someone with an implant, she just takes in more detail then normal people do with their eyes and interprets it better.

But I agree that he'd be able to flat out guess that she would have tried to read them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads