• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

George R. R. Martin has a new sample up!

Lasher Dragon

First Post
The Cersei sample isn't new? I hadn't seen it before, and I check his website pretty often. The last sample I recall was that Damphair guy. Sorry if I got your hopes up. It does say that new stuff is in the Samples area with today's date....

KenM

Banned
Banned
Personally I'd be happier if he finally said that the book was done at this point. Its been 5 fricking years. Also, if this sample is something that has been posted before, thats a bad sign that they are just using old stuff to please the fans until the book is done.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Lasher Dragon said:
The Cersei sample isn't new? I hadn't seen it before, and I check his website pretty often. The last sample I recall was that Damphair guy. Sorry if I got your hopes up. It does say that new stuff is in the Samples area with today's date....

Not your fault, it says a new sample is up on the web site. The Damphair chapter was even the one from the Dragon magazine. This Cersi one is from the summer I think. My hopes have begun to dwindle on book 4. I was so looking forward to it.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
I need to check on Friday when I go back to work but that Cersei chapter was in the back of the mass market paperback of ASoS - A Storm of Swords. I reread it but did not notice any changes but I didn't look for any since I had read it before, I didn't see anything that leaped out at me as different.

I know he changed the Dany chapter he put up because he changed dragons in that one. I was hoping that the chapters he had "finished" would have already gone through the editorial process. That way once he actually finished the novel it would have a speedy release. But since he is changing chapters that he has already shown us I think no chapter is safe from rewrites and thus final editing til he is done with the whole thing. I think he'll be finished in June or July and AFfC will have a January US release. :(

Endur

First Post
This is a revised chapter. There are several changes in the Cersei chapter.

For example, one new part is where Martin describes the coin found in the Goaler's cell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads