• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gestalt Terror and Blasphemy (Group I)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Garrick Storm Arrow [Wizard/Archer 13] - simplified

Garrick kept watch on the group back, looking for danger from behind. When the group arrived at the doors, Garrick said, "This looks like it could be the place . . ."

Garrick invoked Greater Magic Weapon on his Longbow, preparing for potential battle. Garrick stayed about thirty feet back from the double doors and to one side, covering the doorway.

"What is that liquid running down the walls?" Garrick asked, noticing it for the first time.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tammarian ambles forward towards the door, drawing his picks out of a satchel, before noticing Ikobian turning ethereal and floating through the door. Huh, he interjects, clearly surprised. Looks like that wasn't my cue after all. Do I exit stage left, or stage right?

Smirking, he then removes a string of dice out of his pocket, meditating on the wit and subtlety of Ollidamra. He then begins casting several blessings on his arms and armor.

After finishing the blessings, he idly views the liquid and answer's Garrick's question. Dunno. Liquid evil? I wouldn't touch it, if I were you.

OOC: Use Bead of Karma to raise caster level by four; then, casting a magic vestment and two greater magic weapons on my shortswords.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Tammarian said:
After finishing the blessings, he idly views the liquid and answer's Garrick's question. Dunno. Liquid evil? I wouldn't touch it, if I were you.

"Makes sense to me," Garrick replied, "I learned to curb my curiousity a while ago - safer that way."

Garrick returns to covering the doorway with his bow.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Ikobian

You enter a vaulted niche. There are a few steps leading down five feet to the smooth, black stone floor of a thirty-by-forty room. In the center of the room is a one-foot tall, ten-foot square pool containing blood. A one-foot wide lip surrounds the pool. The pool provides shadowy illumination, and a set of double doors can be seen on the west wall.

The poorly-lit, black stone walls are covered with carvings of horrible demons and monsters. They all seem to be staring at the eastern entrance to the room. Even in full light, the dancing flames cause faint shadows on the walls to move, making the carvings on the wall appear to be alive.

In the corners of the room are stone columns, carved to look like hundreds of full-sized humanoid creatures climbing over each other. There is at least one depiction of each of the common humanoid races on each column. They seem to be climbing out of the floor and into the ceiling. The humanoid creatures look horrified and seem desperate to get away from whatever is below them. The ceiling is 40' high, but can barely be seen in the dim light.

The walls to the north and south each have a ten-foot high door in thei center. The doors are black stone and have the face of a demon carved into them. The face on the door in the north wall is a grotesque blend of ape and boar with a snout and long fangs. The face on the door in the south wall is toad-like, with blunt powerful teeth and a row of spines starting behind its forehead.

Serpenteye

First Post
Ikobian looks around, casting Detect Magic. He flies slowly around the room looking for traps, then he sinks into the floor (manifested) and looks very carefully (hiding and with near total concealment) at what lies beneath.

Whoever designed this place, and whatever their purpose, they certainly had a sense of style.

ooc: Does it look like the door can be opened from this side? (using Mage Hand or a Malevolenced body?

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tammarian looks around, softly singing a popular, if negative, tune about himself written by an angry bard. He robs from the rich and steals from the poor...

His off-key voice fades, as he gazes at the black liquid. If misty Iky isn't going to be decent enough to unlock the door from his side, I'm going to give the locks a look. Tammarian ambles forward, withdrawing his picks yet again, kneels down, and attempts to pick the lock.

OOC: Open Lock +15

Creamsteak

Explorer
Serpenteye:

No, it does not appear to be able to be unlocked without a key. However, as you inspect the room, when you come near the blood pool, it lights on fire. This does not hurt you, but warms and lights the room.

Aemon:

Assuming you still casualy detect magic, you suddenly get an aura of abjuration from the next room for only a second, then it fades.

Tammarian works with the lock, and manages to get it open after a minute. The door should now be able to be opened and closed normally.

Remove ads