• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting Monster Manual II added to the SRD

Sir Elton

First Post
I believe that WotC will add all the monsters and templates in MMII to the SRD. And this is how they are going to do it.

I would like every d20 Publisher, Player, and Game Master who doesn't have a copy to buy a copy of the Monster Manual II. :) Why? Quite simple, Besides Atlas Games, WotC is the only company that adds Monster Names to the canon of Open Game Content. Everyone else hoards their Monster Names like it was the plague.

So, I'd like everyone to buy a copy of the Monster Manual II. Lets show WotC that most of the monsters deserve to be added to the System Reference Document.

Here are some feats that have been added so far:

Non-Epic Feats from the EPIC LEVEL HANDBOOK:
* Improved Flyby Attack
* Improved Multiattack
* Improved Multiweapon Fighting
o Greater Multiweapon Fighting

Non-Divine Feats from Dieties and Demigods:

General

* Blindsight,5-Ft.Radius
* Extra Music
* Eyes In The Back Of Your Head
* Fleet Of Foot
* Hold The Line
* Jack Of All Trades
* Knock-Down
* Plant Control
* Plant Defiance
* Power Critical
* Sharp-Shooting
* Superior Expertise

Metamagic

* Disguise Spell
* Energy Substitution
* Persistent Spell
* Reach Spell
* Repeat Spell
* Sacred Spell
* Subdual Substitution

Remember, WotC isn't an evil company. They don't hoard their toys in their personal toy box. They will gladly share their toys if everyone would ask.

Elton.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
In my experience, MM2 is really a crap-shoot when it comes to quality. Some monsters are great; others are totally imbalanced.

Why did you pick MM2?

Cheers, -- N

Agamemnon

First Post
Presumably because it's 3.0, which probably means its sales are lower than of the up-to-date later chapters in the series.

+5 Keyboard!

First Post
LOL

Why does that remind of the that exchange in Happy Gilmore...
Shooter: I eat little pieces of s**t like you for breakfast!
Happy: You eat little pieces of s**t for breakfast?::smirky face::
Shooter: ::splutter, splutter, frustation:: No!

GAAAHHH

First Post
Monster Manual 2 is my favorite monster book for 3rd edition. As far as it being a crap-shoot, it has more good monsters than 3 and 4 combined (in my opinion), and it has a lot of my favorite 2nd edition monsters updated.

I've heard that the CRs are off on some of the monsters. CR is not the best way to balance encounters, especially if you are dealing with power-gamers with access to the complete books, like some of the people in my group.

Ghostwind

First Post
Sir Elton said:
Quite simple, Besides Atlas Games, WotC is the only company that adds Monster Names to the canon of Open Game Content. Everyone else hoards their Monster Names like it was the plague.

Not true.

Take a look at Bastion Press' Minions: Fearsome Foes. It's all open content except for the art. Bastion has been one of the few companies who has consistently made their d20 titles all open content.

Garnfellow

Explorer
Sir Elton said:
Quite simple, Besides Atlas Games, WotC is the only company that adds Monster Names to the canon of Open Game Content. Everyone else hoards their Monster Names like it was the plague.

Ahem. You are obviously unfamiliar with Necromancer Games's Tome of Horrors series, as well as Green Ronin's Book of Fiends -- some of the best and most influential d20 monster books out there.

Nikroecyst

First Post
As far as new and unique monster I usually just make up my own or use variants of the core mm1. If I need inspiration I stop in at the local bookstore and spend 15 mins scanning the mm2 or 3. I really dont' think either the mm 2 or 3 are worth the buy much less making them og content. There are so many better books out there like any of the complete books for example.

Although I appluade you drive and go-gettem attitude, I think its rare in the gaming world and hope you don't give up on your ideas just cause a few games on a thread told you otherwise.

Remove ads