• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ghost from the past.

Jesus_marley

First Post
where to begin.....

my brother was six years older than me. when we were kids, he had this thing that he would sometimes mispronounce words. when our mother corrected him, he would simply say "whatever". It was one of those things that was distinct about him.

He died when I was 17 but he did have two beautiful daughters. Sadly, they were still babies at the time.

Jump ahead 12 years. the older of the two, Jessica, was over at my parents house one day. we were sitting at the dining room table. Jessica was reading from a book and mispronounced one of the words. My mother corrected her, and she simply said "whatever".

I was only half paying attention until then. My head snapped around so fast I almost gave myself an injury. My mother merely said "She's her fathers daughter".

The thing that freaked me out about this wasn't merely what she said, but that she said it exactly like my brother did. She was less than 1 year old when he died.

freaky. but in a good way.

Mycanid

First Post
I know EXCATLY what you mean Marley ... and it IS freaky when something like that happens.

I had a friend in high school who later has had something like 7 children (so far). Anyway, she had the first one when she was in her last year, and so the child was put up for adoption.

I saw the kid quite unexpectedly several years later, when she was 10 and almost fell out of my chair. An absolutely spittin' image in all respects - physically, but the way she spoke, her voice, even her mannerisms. And she had not seen her biological mother since birth.... :uhoh:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
makes you wonder how many tendencies are biological and how many are learned... hard to pin down!

Remove ads