• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giant unstopable robot- HELP!!!

Talon5

First Post
Last weekend our group of our heros got their arses handed to them by a giant robot headed for Chicago. We still need to stop it.

Characters-
Corsair- Telekinesis
Dynamo- Electricity
Palisade- strong flying chick
Spinnerette- spider chick, martial artist

We are the only supers that we know of in the world besides a few villians.

Okay, villian group Fenris is raided by the FBI, a giant robot pops up out of their base and starts walking towards Chicago.

The robot was built during the cold war to act as missile defense (vs nukes). It was boxed up and stored away after the creator died and his benofactors thought it was nothing more then a pile of junk.

Fenris equipt it with missiles and such, but no fuel for its jets- so it can only use its jump jets and walk to get where its going.

We have very few Hero Points left (better then half of us are out of Hero Points), we have tried draining it's power, entangling it, straight up fights- its protection is better then a critical can get through in a single blow, we have rammed it at high speed, dumped water on it (short it out- nope, didn't work), tripped the hell out of it, EMP pulse blast (power stunt- we can't do again), it simplely gets back up, pops off a couple shots then continues on its path, like its completely unaware of us.

The US Army is there, but can't really get close enough to even hurt it with Apaches- its purpose is defense during war time.

My present plan is to- using cables wrap up its feet, tripping it. Spinnerette and Dynamo rush to its feet, open its fuel door and send a bolt of electricity into its gas tank- which is empty, but hopefully it will be able to do something.

Should that fail..... well I have no clue, we have done one point of damage to it thus far- Dynamo got a crit at PBR, and was pushing his powers. The robto rolled poorly on its dam save and well noticed him- but we got his unconscious form out of there before Mr Roboto stepped on him.

A few thoughts would be cool- we could use the help. Thanks.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Is it metal? Get a giant magnet............
Is it making a pretty good trail as it moves? Maybe there is some clue back from where it poped out of??

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
A giant robot headed where?!?!

Look for some remote station by which to contact it and, in the meantime, throw whatever you can in its way. It...must...not... *gasp* ...reach...Chicago...

Stone Angel

First Post
This thread makes me laugh, why I am not sure. But a good HAR HAR HAR none the less.

What you need to do is find another giant robot to combat it. Or a monster of legend like Kong.

Seriously the plan with the cables, could work. You could also try a parameters reprogram, which sounds like what Fenris has done. Try raiding there lair again, contacting the FBI about any pertinent info, even if it's classified. A giant magnet. MAybe a fake missle that it would go and chase like making it remember it's defense parameters, then lead it into the ocean.

Hope this helps.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Talon5

First Post
Its headed South into Chicago, down major highway.

Ya, its metal, but its insulated from electricity and EMP.

It was created by a contractor for DARPA, stolen from a military instilation after many years of storage. The villian group called Fenris, were the thieves, they put it together and juiced it up. The site where it was put together is being searched by the FBI for clues (or as I call them Glues) as to how to defeat it.

We have the niece of the creator, a robot engineer herself she is little to no help.

Talon5

First Post
oh, ya, forgot the giant magnet idea-

We talked about it- using a magnet, but problem is that so far its shrugged off everything we have put up against it, and a wreching yard magnet- while strong, doesn't seem like it would help much. Do you have an idea of how to use one? What would you do with it is actually my question

Wormwood

Adventurer
  • Call the Cure's Robert Smith.
  • Look for 'off' button. Push it.
  • Dig a big hole. Trick robot into falling in.
  • Does it have instructions? Read them.
  • Chicago? Acceptable losses.

Last edited:

coyote6

Adventurer
Talon5 said:
A few thoughts would be cool- we could use the help. Thanks.

I say bribe the GM. GURPS 4e is coming in next week, as is Relics & Rituals: Olympus . . .

PS: Protection is neat. Protection + Immunity (Critical Hits) is even neater.

PPS:
talon5 said:
We have the niece of the creator, a robot engineer herself she is little to no help.

Except for telling y'all about the RAMDS's* (literal) Achilles heel.

*RAMDS==Roaming Autonomous Mobile (or Missile) Defense System. The D & S are, of course, silent.

Hey, he was a genius inventor; cool acronyms that actually make sense weren't his schtick. :p

Talon5

First Post
Wormwood said:
Call the Cure's Robert Smith.
Look for 'off' button. Push it.
Dig a big hole. Trick robot into falling in.
Does it have instructions? Read them.
Chicago? Acceptable losses.

We have people looking through the Fenris base, where the thieves took it, hoping for a clue the only thing that came up was the fuel door idea in the bottom of its foot.

Its deactivated by a command word, but the guy who know it is dead, and we have no one that can speak to him.

As far as acceptable loses go- well, the campaign is suppose to be one where heros save the day, so I think nuking the site from orbit is out of the question.

Have considered knocking over a building on it, but I doubt that would do more then- knock a building over on it.

Stone Angel

First Post
The Robot engineer is no help. You need to head back to the lair I bet or at least some of you do, or question some of the members of Fenris. Jeez you are in a tough spot. Do any of the players have ranks in DM weaseling or DM manipulation, that could help having a little inside info. Good luck

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Remove ads