D&D 5E Give me your craziest, most GONZO PC concepts!

Back in my 2e days, I played a Bard with the Jester kit named Marcold (pause) the Merry (Yes, that's actually how his name was written on his character sheet). The pause was important, you see...why, he would never say.

Most of his spells/powers were based on horrible puns (fighting a plant based creature? "I've taken a lichen to you!"...etc...you get the point).

woonga

First Post
Similar to the above but based on an absurd scenario my party got themselves into during our most recent session- a gnome or Halfling jester bard in disguise as a goblin (using disguise kit) that is either pretending, or seriously believes, that they are possessed by a Nilbog. In our session it was actually a rogue who pulled this off, but a bard would fit even better. The character is all about performance and acrobatics, and used the approach, mostly on accident, to infiltrate a heavily guarded goblin hideout. Situational, since it wouldn't be nearly as scary for non-goblin enemies, but in a situation with goblinoids its outrageous.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Many are familiar with the Bible verse, John 3:16, which reads:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Well, the Devil is a daddy, too, but he didn't stop at one. Fortunately for humanity, even his most powerful offspring fail at their mission. But the Great Deceiver keeeeeps on trying. And since he's going for quantity over quality, some of his progeny are...well...not as immanent a threat to existence as others.

Such as Muffystopholes, Daughter of the Devil. More vacuous than dangerous, she is, nonetheless brimming with infernal power. She is immortal, an eternal teen...in mind as well as body. With her devilish charisma, she can often get people to do things her way, or at least, follow her lead. Fortunately, as a venal child coming of age in the 1980s, she's more interested in fashion than fascism.

In other words, instead of being involved in politics or joining the military, she has become...a trendsetter. And because of who she is, she skews demographics. If you ever see a trend that looks wildly out of place in a given place or culture, odds are good she's involved.

But she's not malevolent. The girl just wants to have fun. Not that those who know her true nature believe this. Her life is often disrupted by the forces of good and of evil. Priests and other holy persons are always trying to destroy her; misguided Fourth Reich types and other miscreants are constantly trying to recruit her.

The latter, being more subtle, have occasionally been successful in using her abilities to further their goals. It's no accident a certain royal once got photographed wearing a swastika to a party...

Last edited:

Remove ads