• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Globe of Invulnerability question

Palskane

First Post
The main enemy in the current story arc of my game has had the spell Burning Blood cast upon him.

He already has a Globe of Invulnerability cast, but had moved out of it to get into range and cast a spell at the PC's. My question is this:

If he moves back to the Globe, does the spell become supressed? I believe it would, but want to make sure.

Thanks everyone!

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
If Burning Blood was in effect before the Globe was cast, it is unaffected by the Globe. He can move out of the Globe and back without affecting his Burning Blood spell.

If the Globe was cast first, and then he casts Burning Blood and moves into the Globe, it will be suppressed.

The key is whether or not the spell was already in effect when the Globe was cast.

-Hyp.

Palskane

First Post
The bad guy was prepared for the PC's and cast his Globe before combat. Once combat was initiated, he moved out of the Globe the second round.

One of the PC's then cast Burning Blood upon him. Here is the Burning Blood spell:

Burning Blood (from Complete Arcane)
Necromancy
Lvl: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
Components: VSM
Casting: 1 standard action
Range: Medium
Target: One living creature
Duration: 1 rd/lvl (D)
Saving throw: Fortitude partial (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

You taint a living creature's blood with a hot, corrosive infusion, dealing 1d8 points of acid and 1d8 point of fire damage per round. The subject can attempt a Fortitude save each round to negate the damage, but a successful save does not prevent damage in future rounds. Searing pain limits the subject to a single move action in any round when it fails its Fortitude save. Burning blood does not affect creatures of the construct, elemental, ooze, plant, or undead types.
Material component: a drop of blood and a pinch of saltpeter

The PC made it through his SR, and he failed his save. Now, I am wondering, if he moves back to his Globe, is this spell upon him suppressed? In other words, will he still have to make the save every round, or can he wait out the duration of the spell in the Globe and take no damage?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Palskane said:
The bad guy was prepared for the PC's and cast his Globe before combat. Once combat was initiated, he moved out of the Globe the second round.

One of the PC's then cast Burning Blood upon him.

Once he moves back into the Globe, the Burning Blood will be suppressed.

It would only ignore the Globe if it were cast first, and in this scenario, it's clear that the Globe was cast first.

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads