• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM found! 0-level funnel pending!

doghead

thotd
My little postit-map wasn't too far off.

I was just waiting to give the others a chance to post.

thotd

Attachments

• KeepMap 1.gif
    KeepMap 1.gif
    35.3 KB · Views: 101

GlassEye

Adventurer
Is there something in particular you all are waiting for? Just want to make sure you aren't waiting for a response from me for anything.

doghead

thotd
Moving

It seems that I have to move again. While it is just local, it will involve all the usual time sinks and distractions. So my posting may become a bit sporadic. Apologies in advance.

thotd

GlassEye

Adventurer
doghead, I hope your move is going well.

And, it's been a month since we started playing this game. How do you all think it is going so far?

doghead

thotd
It's cool. I enjoying it. I like the intensity that being very, very mortal brings. Going into a combat knowing that a character may die is very different from knowing that they might lose an above average amount of resources.

I think that there a couple of things that I might consider if running a funnel.

I would probably give everyone 4hp +/- CON bonus. Having just 1 hp can lead you to be reluctant to risk anything. 3-4 hp means that there is a chance that the character might not die on the first hit.

I like the Lucky Rolls. They add a little something extra to the characters. Sometimes it fits the concept (like Bountiful Harvest for a Hunter), but sometimes its add an unusual twist (like Raised by Wolves for a Halfling Dyer) It would be nice if they could be built upon. Do they improve as the characters level?

Finally, and this one I kind of have mixed feelings about, I would consider allowing transferring one Stat from a character that dies to one of the survivors. I'm not looking to create a PC with straight bonuses, but it would be nice to be able to take the edge of some of the characters, as well as better align them to the class you hope to play. No very old school, I know.

thotd

Remove ads