[GM Tool] Monster Generator - Free Program to Create New Monsters

zigmenthotep

First Post
Well I really liked it, especially the ability to randomize select parts of the monster (I hate choosing skills for monsters). Couple comments, It kept giving me Endurance as a recommended feat for an undead creature, No ability to add reach to attacks (or at least none I saw). Also, monsters seem to be a wee bit strong, or maybe my usual custom monsters are just a wee bit weak... which would explain a lot.

Just noticed a spelling error in Aura of Menace, there's a U missing is "surrounds"

And suggestion, I'd really like to see the ability to save and reopen monsters.

Overall awesome though.

Last edited:

Mordikenn

First Post
Hey, I've made another monster! I decided to make a CR 2 Fey this time, it lives in the jungle and has druidic powers.

Grispix CR 2
XP 600
LN Small Fey
Init +3; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +10

DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 12 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 natural)
hp 14 (3d6+3)
Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +5
Immunities Sleep Resist Cold 10, Electricity 10

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +1 (1d3-1)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3; concentration +5)
The save DC against a Grispix's spells is 12+ spell level. A Grispix's spells use Wisdom as the primary casting attribute.
3/day: Dancing Lights, Create Water, Flare Burst, Touch of Fatigue
1/day: Summon Nature's Ally I, Produce Flame, Bless Water

STATISTICS
Str 8, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 12
Base Atk +1; CMB -1; CMD 12
Feats Dodge, Alertness
Skills Perception+10, Sense Motive+10, Diplomacy+7, Handle Animal+4, Heal+5, Sleight of Hand+9
Languages Common
SQ Fey Traits

ECOLOGY
Environment: Savannah, Warm Jungles
Organization: Solitary or Pair (2)
Treasure: Standard

The Grispix has firey white skin, always caked with dirt. A Grispix is a short finned spirit with thin limbs, they are frequently thought of as spirits of the land and regarded with some superstition.

Mordikenn

First Post
Good news!
I've gotten back from vacation and finished the last few parts of the next patch, so I've released Monster Generator 1.01. I fixed several issues with it, and implemented the new features people suggested I found time for/ thought were a good idea. I appreciate all the feedback and I'm glad people are finding it useful!

Download Monster Generator 1.01

Patch notes for version 1.01:
Added the powers Half Damage From Weapons, Reach, Short Reach, Rage, Trap Sense, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Evasion, Improved Evasion, Trackless Step, Bravery, Smite, Track, Camoflage, Hide in Plain Sight.
Added better handling for recommended skills, and removed the r_skills text files.
Added better handling for random monster DR by forcing all the selections to be of the same type so they'll stack.
Changed the feats_pathfinder.txt file to be entirely alphabetical rather than divided by feat types.
Changed feats and skills to print in alphabetical order in the monster's stats.
Changed several things about the Swarm subtype: splitting it into three subtypes (fine, diminutive, tiny), should now display size properly and have 0 reach, and display all its powers properly. Additionally, "Swarming Mass" is no longer a selectable power because it's wholly associated with the Swarm subtype.
Changed spell-like abilities to be At Will for (c) and 3/day for (b).
Changed subtypes to be integrated rather than read from a text file.
Fixed a bug where Randomize Remaining Choices was adding subtypes when it shouldn't.
Fixed a bug where Channel Resistance was not stacking in PF print format.
Fixed a bug where Improved Initiative was not adding into stats.
Fixed a bug where selecting an element for an attack power would add it to the next stacking attack powers.
Fixed a bug where removing Swift Reactions wasn't removing its bonus feats.
Fixed a bug where a monster could have 'Critical Hit Immunity' and 'Critical Hit Vulnerability', at the same time. Also fixed similar problems with weapon damage (piercing/ bludgeoning/ slashing)powers.
Fixed a bug where intimidate was not adding a monster's charisma bonus.
Fixed several typos in spell names and ability descriptions.

Mordikenn

First Post
Glad you like it =)

I'm still accepting more ideas for the next version, though I won't be working on 1.02 for at least a few weeks.

Greensai

First Post
I just got the program to work, and I will be creating some Darkspawn for my Pathfinder Dragon Age game. I do have a few questions on using the MG, do I post them here or by PM?

Remove ads