• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Gobquest] Part 2

dreamthief

First Post
Ok.. time to start your next adventure..

You're back together after your training. The happenings of your Nightwatch duty has made the rounds and the goblin community is abuzz, though it has created little impact on the town. However, it is seen as a political victory for Nitzbuk, though you certainly hope he will consult your group before volunteering your services again.

You're awaiting Nitzbuk's audience...

Festy_Dog

First Post
[gob]"I hope we ain't gonna be railroaded into something again,"[/gob] says Rakanishu as he fiddles with his short sword, [gob]"Now that I think of it I wonder what he has in mind for us this time, hopeits more fun than the night watch, though a near death experience is something nice to brag about. How bout you D'Bruuhl, did you follow your dreams, or do you think you need more experience to take up the responsibility of a paladin?"[/gob]

Mirth

Explorer
D'Bruuhl twinges a bit at Rakanishu's question. He looks at his feet.

[gob]"Heironeous requires that you must have a sponsor of stature from within the church and one from outside the church as well. When Nitzbuk never arrived to speak on my behalf ... "[/gob] the priest pauses before he says something he would regret, [gob]"Well, perhaps I was not ready myself, either."[/gob]

D'Bruuhl gives a soft smile and returns to waiting for Nitzbuk to arrive.

garyh

First Post
[gob]"Well," Ashgyad consoled his friend, "I'll say it for you: the fat toad missed a golden opportunity to promote his agenda by not sponsoring you."[/gob]

Dalamar

Adventurer
[Gob]"Bah! If you really would've wanted, you could've done it without support. I think you just chickened out."[/Gob]
Glorath is going through the fletching of his arrows, making sure none are loose.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Rakanishu ignores Glorath's jab at D'Bruuhl, but is saddened a little.

[gob]"All a matter of time though, no big worries, because when we become famous any one of us could show up to be your external support,"[/gob] Rakanishu says supportively, [gob]"Why bring along an employer who won't back up his employees when you can take a loyal fellow adventurer?"[/gob]

dreamthief

First Post
You hear a gong being sounded and in steps Nitzbuk. He seems different from last you've seen him. He's dressed up richer, his robes are no longer hole-filled, his earrings dangle proudly and there is a noticeable paunch. He looks at the lot of you. There is a serious and stern look on his face.

"Greetings, heroes of Gobtown!" He says. "Your brave exploits have made their way to my ears. I particularly like the part where you beat up a drunk halfling," he s:):):):):):)s.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Rakanishu looks shamedly at the ground.

[gob]"So......whats instore for us...... this time,"[/gob] he says a little quietly.

Eep, hope he doesn't think too badly about the halfling thing, comes as a thought to Rakanishu.

Mirth

Explorer
[gob]"That halfling was drugged,"[/gob] D'Bruuhl says quietly from the back of the group, [gob]"we only protected him from himself. We are not heroes for doing so. Our mission was one of protection, so that is what we did. Just as we shall fulfill your next assignment for us."[/gob]

He pauses and looks Nitzbuk's finery over, [gob]"It seems that you are doing much better now, than the last time that we saw you. Surely the gods must be praised for your prosperity."[/gob]

Last edited:

Remove ads