• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Gobquest] Part 2

dreamthief

First Post
The goblin trail isn't too hard to follow. You can smell the frying muskrat in the air, which triggers a wave of nostalgia in Goubido. Soon you find what must be the goblins' lair beyond the stream and the trees, nesting in the shadowy recesses of a large crook in the rock formation, where squats a collection of primitive huts. Rock walls overshadow the entire area, giving the impression of a vast, shallow cave. A few hardy trees and bushes surround thehuts. The entire place is protected by a narrow trench dug in the earth before the huts, stretching across the indention in the rock formation.

Across the trench, partially obscuring the huts, stand a series of boulders. A long wooden plank leans against one of them. The area in front of the trench has been cleared of brush within 50', with even twigs and fallen leaves having been swept up into several seperate piles.

Suddenly a goblin head pops up from behind one of the boulders and scans the area for a few moments before disappearing back behind it. It did not seem to have seen you.

Dalamar

Adventurer
[Gob]"Who wants to go in first?"[/Gob]
Glorath looks intently at the boulder behind which the goblin peeked, and comes to the conclusion he doesn't have good enough a chance to hit to waste arrows.

Mirth

Explorer
Dalamar said:
[Gob]"Who wants to go in first?"[/Gob]
Glorath looks intently at the boulder behind which the goblin peeked, and comes to the conclusion he doesn't have good enough a chance to hit to waste arrows.

[gob]"I suppose I will,"[/gob] says D'Bruuhl softly as he eases forward and looks for more of the other goblins. [gob]"Don't forget. They're not in their right mind. Let's take things easy at first,"[/gob] the cleric admonishes before he steps forward into the open and calls out in goblin, [gob]"Hey you gobs! I'd like to talk with you. How do I get in to your village?"[/gob]

Dalamar

Adventurer
[Gob]"Bring me back some arrows if you happen to run across any"[/Gob], tells Glorath and finds himself a stone behind which he can take a nap without being seen from the gob camp.

dreamthief

First Post
The gob that was behind the bush jumps up at D'Bruuhl's voice. "Uh.. who dat?" You see that he is attired in warpaint. He trips over himself before standing up again. "You... you follow me."

2-3 other gobs have heard the voice and are right behind him. They eye you warily. They start whispering to each other. Their version of goblin sounds raw and full of nasal sounds; highly uncultured.

"What is this all about?" says one Gob who steps forward. He is noticeably more muscular and slightly larger than the others. The paint markings on him are slightly different from the others.

Mirth

Explorer
dreamthief said:
The gob that was behind the bush jumps up at D'Bruuhl's voice. "Uh.. who dat?" You see that he is attired in warpaint. He trips over himself before standing up again. "You... you follow me."

2-3 other gobs have heard the voice and are right behind him. They eye you warily. They start whispering to each other. Their version of goblin sounds raw and full of nasal sounds; highly uncultured.

"What is this all about?" says one Gob who steps forward. He is noticeably more muscular and slightly larger than the others. The paint markings on him are slightly different from the others.

[gob]"Ah, you must be the chief,"[/gob] D'Bruuhl says, pulling himself up to his full height. [gob]"I represent Chief Nitzbuk, head of the great goblin clan in the city of [insert city name I can't remember here :rolleyes: ]. My name is D'Bruuhl and I am, um, what you folk would call a shaman."[/gob] The cleric looks around at the assembled tribe goblins, trying to take a quick head count, then continues. [gob]"We want to know that you all are well and warn you about the harmful and dangerous slugs around these parts."[/gob]

OOC: Sorry about the long delay in posting. Real life has been working me over recently.

Remove ads