• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gods and Portfolios

Li Shenron

Legend
I have never seen such a subject covered by actual rules... :)

If there is something written about it, probably it is in some earlier-edition Forgotten Realm book. In Faerun, the deities of the main pantheon are forbidden to share one portfolio (but deities of different panhteons can share portfolios).

Dark Dragon

Explorer
Not necessarily. Kelemvor got the Death portfolio by expelling Cyric from the City of the Dead.
IIRC, Bane took a portfolio from Cyric as well....

melkorspawn said:
How do gods steal portfolios from one another?
That would have to be campaign specific (and I've never seen an official rule).

In my campaign, gods have to follow the rules the same as everyone else so I suppose I'd have to come up with a rule for it if I wanted it to happen.

Maybe a DC 100 sleight of hand check? :)

melkorspawn

First Post
I'm working out a complicated plot in which Mask is trying to steal back the Intrigue portfolio from Cyric. I've got pretty much everything down except for the actual theft of it.

melkorspawn said:
I'm working out a complicated plot in which Mask is trying to steal back the Intrigue portfolio from Cyric. I've got pretty much everything down except for the actual theft of it.

One way to do it is to have mortals start praying to Mask to support their intrigues rather than Cyric.

saucercrab

Explorer
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
One way to do it is to have mortals start praying to Mask to support their intrigues rather than Cyric.
Here, here.

Since the FR gods depend on mortal worship for power, if enough people start to pray to Mask for their acts of subterfuge instead of Cyric, then the general populace will start to think of Mask when it comes to intrigue, & (unless Cyric tries to do something about it) that aspect of his portfolio will slide over to Mask's perview.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads