Ideas, Questions, Mechanics and Discussions

Upper_Krust, there's a 5th Edition version of your book?

Hey Dante & Vergil, it's being worked on. A 400 page rulebook and a 400 page epic bestiary for 5E.

The rulebook is a few months from completion (fingers crossed) and the bestiary is a few months behind that.

Obly was kind enough to post a link BUT I need to point out the early preview looks nothing like the final layout, which is much, much better.

Anyone have any ideas how to go about creating a level of abomination, who are capable of facing Supernals?
It seems to me that each "level" of abomination-types are really kind of closer to the level below.

Abominations (proper) are quasi-deity equivalent and suitable foes for a party of epic mortals (or hero-deities, etc.)

Entities, while they're sidereal abominations, are actually greater deity ranked (divine bonus +16).

Anomalies, though eternal abominations, are on par with a first one (divine bonus +48).

If I understand it correctly, at least.

Obly99

Hero
It seems to me that each "level" of abomination-types are really kind of closer to the level below.

Abominations (proper) are quasi-deity equivalent and suitable foes for a party of epic mortals (or hero-deities, etc.)

Entities, while they're sidereal abominations, are actually greater deity ranked (divine bonus +16).

Anomalies, though eternal abominations, are on par with a first one (divine bonus +48).

If I understand it correctly, at least.
Basically there is no precise rule because Upper_Krust only mentioned their lore in the IH without giving mechanical rules on their subtype.
For my Entities I give a DR of 17-48 and some of them is Sidereal level or higher based on theirs optimization.
For my Anomalies I give a DR of 48+ and theirs power change based on HD/optimization.
Anyone have any ideas how to go about creating a level of abomination, who are capable of facing Supernals?
I'm building my actual "Ultimate One" (the more powerful creature in an universe excluding Supreme Being and other creatures of Akasha). It is a giant Anomaly of 60k HD composed of Black Hole Matter with all the normal bonus of my Anomaly subtype increased to Supernal level (d10,000 HD, Metempiric Might and abilities, etc.)
For months I won't be particularly active on the forum or on RPGs in general due to work problems so don't expect to see it anytime soon. I will log in every now and then to keep up to date and post some creations that I have accumulated over time on my PC.

Basically there is no precise rule because Upper_Krust only mentioned their lore in the IH without giving mechanical rules on their subtype.
For my Entities I give a DR of 17-48 and some of them is Sidereal level or higher based on theirs optimization.
For my Anomalies I give a DR of 48+ and theirs power change based on HD/optimization.

Unwanted Creations

Mortal = Bloodspawn (created using mate blood)...aka Experiments
Immortal = Godspawn...aka Abominations
Sidereal = Starspawn...aka Entities

Supernals = Neverspawn...aka Unbearables

I'm building my actual "Ultimate One" (the more powerful creature in an universe excluding Supreme Being and other creatures of Akasha). It is a giant Anomaly of 60k HD composed of Black Hole Matter with all the normal bonus of my Anomaly subtype increased to Supernal level (d10,000 HD, Metempiric Might and abilities, etc.)

Cool.

For months I won't be particularly active on the forum or on RPGs in general due to work problems so don't expect to see it anytime soon. I will log in every now and then to keep up to date and post some creations that I have accumulated over time on my PC.

All the best amigo!

Hopefully I will have something new released next time you visit.

Thank you for all the crazy monsters and posts! Much appreciated.

I thought Ascension gives them greater deity (Entity) or first one (Anomaly) equivalence?

I know way back in 2009 I thought I was "breaking the rules" to give an Anomaly Demiurge-equivalence and a +64 bonus.

I thought Ascension gives them greater deity (Entity) or first one (Anomaly) equivalence?

I know way back in 2009 I thought I was "breaking the rules" to give an Anomaly Demiurge-equivalence and a +64 bonus.

Technically Anomalies are meant to be Demiurge level threats because they are beings that can cause the destruction of a Universe...Though they don't one shot universes.

While you can always make your own scaling up. I think in 5e I have:

Experiments < Abominations < Chronophages < Entities < Anomalies

...then a few other types I can't exactly remember off hand. Though the last rank is the Neverspawn.

Remove ads