• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Golden Apple Rescue Squad ( Four Color to Fantasy campaign) Updated September 21th

Someone

Adventurer
The characters are really interesting; the creations sistem seems to be simple but complete. Much better than the supers roleplaying games here available (Superheroes INC, I don´t remember another one) and his horrible random character generation and game sistem.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Someone said:
The characters are really interesting; the creations sistem seems to be simple but complete. Much better than the supers roleplaying games here available (Superheroes INC, I don´t remember another one) and his horrible random character generation and game sistem.

Superheroes Inc.? That's a Spanish game! Are you Spanish? (I'm Spanish, but I live in France)

Someone

Adventurer
Yep, I live in Cadiz. I knew you were spanish too, but I prefered to use English, since I find it more polite not to use in a public forum a language that not all people understand*.

I´ll play Superheroes today, btw... just after ending the Feng Shui module I left unfinished last week. It is almost the same adventure as "six in the chamber", but replacing the museum for a fight in a train. I bought the game only because I liked that story hour so much! (and it´s no little praise since I live in Photocopy land) If this one is half as good as that, I´ll definitely go after 4C2F.

*Except that I´m taking notes of my current campaing and I plan to write one in spanish when it´s advanced enough to update it frequently. :)

Last edited:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Thanks a lot, Piratecat!
I will scan that mine of information, I'm sure I will find plenty of of ideas for next adventure.

And here the last PC, at least by the moment...

Toñorrow I will begin posting the first adventure (by now we have played two sessions).

G.A.R.S. cast

Blueskin

blueskin.gif

Drawing done with HeroMachine v2.0 (beta)

Blueskin, 6th/3th level Fighter/Hero

Right now, Blueskin's player wants to keep her origin secret. Hopefully, more info will be disclosed in the upcoming adventures.

Blueskin is a tall (6'10") and very muscular woman with deep blue skin and glowing green eyes. Nobody know anything about her past or her true identity, the first record of her actions is from 1997 when she applied for the New York local parahuman team, the Sentinels. She was accepted as junios member in the Sentinels, being the sidekid of Defender for three years, gaining great fame when she scored the decisive hit against the alien Darkbomber just before he would use his powers to explode the Underground station under Wall Street.

In 2001 Mayor Eastroad searched a new member for the already succesful Golden Apple Rescue Squad. Blueskin, searching a senior position in a well established team, applied and was selected. Without breaking all her links with the Sentinels, she joined the team in October 2001. Since then, she has taken part in several key actions, including the highly publicited rescue of the Queen Anne near the coast of Terranova.

Blueskin is now a fully accepted member of the team, but she initially showed a distant attitude with the other members, and she haven't told them anything about her past yet. In spite of her attitude, a true friendship is beginning to be developed between Blueskin and her colleagues.

Stats

Blueskin, 2nd/7th level Fighter/Hero,
Female human; CR 9; Medium-size humanoid (human?); HD 2d10 + 7d4 + 63; hp: 101; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Spd 30 ft; AC 16 (+6 Natural Armor); BAB +5; Attack +13 melee (varies) or +5 ranged (varies); SA Super powers; AL ?; Fort +12, Ref +3, Will +2; Str 26, Dex 11, Con 24, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 10.

Skills and Feats: Cleave, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Giant Melee Objects), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Giant Ranged Objects), Improved Unarmed Attack, Power Attack, Sunder, Armor Proficiency (any), Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Proficiency (martial weapons).

Posessions: Typical for a middle class citizen.

Hero Points: 56.

Fast Healing (9 HrPt): Innated. Heals 1 hp/round. Base rank 9.

Heightened Constitution (12 HrPt): Innated. Persistent. +8 Constitution. Base rank 3. Increased effect x3 (9 ranks).

Heightened Defense (12 HrPt): Innated. Persistent. +6 AC (natural armor). Base rank 2. Increased effect x5 (10 ranks).

Heightened Strength (12 HrPt): Innated. Persistent. +8 Strength. Base rank 3. Increased effect x3 (9 ranks).

Inexhaustable Endurance (4 HrPt): Innated. Inmune to fatigue. Base rank 4.

Mighty Lifting (3 HrPt): Innated. +10 Strength for lifting purposes. Base rank 2. Increased effect x1 (1 ranks).

Super Strike (3 HrPt): Innated. Hits like a +2 weapon. Base rank 1. Increased effect x1 (2 ranks).

-------------------------------

Your comments are always welcome!

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
This is not a bump.
I cannot bump my own threads, can I?
So here I give you more info:

G.A.R.S. miniatures

Before playing the first session, I thought a lot about what minis we will use. I like tactical combat, and it doesn't seems d20 to us if there are no battlemat with lots of painted lead on it. But I haven't found super-hero minis. Yes, I know there are some brand, like Four Color Figures, that makes them, but it was just they don't seem appropiate. We had almost decided to use the old papel tokens I had from my Champions game when I had one idea: Playmobil!!!!

Yes, Playmobil. Maybe over there, in the U.S.A. they aren't so popular, but here in Europe every children has his/her share of Playmobil people. I've always loved my Playmobil. They are cheap, they are versatile, you have medieval playmobil, wild west playmobil, space playmobil, pirate playmobil and, of course, the most important for a super hero game, normal, present day, playmobil.

So instead of minis, we use playmobil. And here you have the playmobil figures for three of the PCs (compare with the Heromachione drawings ;)):

Yes, I know the quality isn't good, I will try again soon

Dandy
dandy01.jpg

Rubber Girl
rubbergirl01.jpg

Grenadier
grenadier01.jpg

-------------------------------

Your comments are always welcome!

Last edited:

Krellic

Explorer
Excellent choice of figures that I'm sure will not detract from the game... so where is that write-up?

Now the bumper is bumped...
:p

Remove ads