• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Golden Apple Rescue Squad ( Four Color to Fantasy campaign) Updated September 21th

Caliber

Explorer
If this is the prologue I am wondering what the actual story will be. Did you play all of this out? Or was it a more RP style prologue?

Dougal DeKree

First Post
GREAT UPDATE! (TM)

Hey, nice start, Horacio! How about calling one of your evil Villains Sepulchrave? and his Clone could be Sepulchrave II ;)

Cheers!

Dougal DeKree, retired gnomish Illusionist

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Maldur: Yes, it was interpreted like a mixture between an assian female version of yoda and Jacky Chan. Really hilarious.
Dougal, thanks for the praise. My villain's name, by the moment, is still a secret ;)

And, in order to finish the prologue, let's post :)

G.A.R.S. Chapter 1: Lost old iron

Prologue, part 4

I knew I was going to die. He slowly turned the gun, my gun, and pointed to me. "I was going to give you a quick death, but you have shot me. It hurts, and I hate pain...", he said. And, with tyhat horrible smile still on his face, he shot me, twice. I felt the bullets ripe my chair, I felt more pain that I knew it could be feel. I was dying, slowly an painfully. And he was smiling, enjoying my pain.

See annexe for a full report on these supposed wounds.

I was slipping into a blessed unconsciousness when I heard a loud "Kiiiiiiiiiiaaaaa!" and saw the old dame hitting Red Hair Mark in the head with her broom and knocked back him. Then I also heard the noise of reinforcements arriving, and I think he heard it too, because he stood up, and this time without smile, insulted us and dissapeared again.

I don't remember anything more, until I woke up in the hospital. I know I shouldn't be alive. I should be dead, as Kyle, I should be with him. His last two shots were lethal, I know anatomy enough to know it. Why? Why am I live while Kyle is dead? Why? Why me?

Agent Sanders' speech became a sob and we decided to conclude the report. We recomend to place her under a post-traumatic psychological treatment as soon as possible.

banner03.gif

Annexe to Agent Sanders' report, by Dr. Rubistein

When the patient arrived to the hospital, she was unconscious. We took her to the emergency room and we observed one not very serious bullet wound in the abdomen. We proceded to extract the bullet and sew the wound, and placed the patient in the post-operatory room until next morning.

We found no traces of the other two alleged bullet wounds. We can only assume that the criminal failed boths shots, and the patient's brain, already under heavy trauma because of her wound and the horrible circunstances of her partner's death, imagined those wounds.

banner03.gif

End of Prologue

Broccli_Head

Explorer
That was a kinda freaky prologue.

Wondering whether those two bullets were "induced" by the bad guys.

Can't wait to see the GARS in action to combat this threat to city security.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Well, the funny thing is that the GARS are a Rescue Squad, they are not supposed to go after "threats to city security", and even if the players really hat Red Hair Mark and would love to go after him with their parahumn characters, the Mayor has another point of view, as you will see in next update.

In fact, it was that the aim of the prologue, to make them hate the bad guy, but without letting them to go after him... by now ;)

threshel

First Post
Awesome!

I love that prologue! It's a great way to do those scenes in comics books that the heroes aren't present for, but that set things up for the reader.

Kudos!

:)
J

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads