• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Golden Apple Rescue Squad ( Four Color to Fantasy campaign) Updated September 21th

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Caliber: It was an evil plan, of course. You can learn many dirty tricks reading the Story Hour forum ;)

Maldur: here you have the first scene of the adventure. Sadly, there is no action... yet :D

threshel: Thanks! It was my idea with the prologue, giving that sense of comic-book but without having to read them a background page, having them live that background. And it worked! :)

Today's update:

G.A.R.S. Chapter 1: Lost old iron

Scene 1, the calling

It was a beautiful morning in G.A.R.S. Manor, the headquaters of the most famous (the only) parahuman rescue team in the East Coast. Well, calling it 'manor' was either a poetic hyperbole (if you listen to Dandy, who had invented the name) or a bad joke (in Blueskin's own words), because it was a small two stories house in the south corner of Pudence Island, in Golden Apple Bay. The upper floor was the appartment of Dandy and Rubbergirl, while the lower had some chairs and desks, a good computer with a fast internet connexion and a coffee machine. We are forgetting here the underground training facilities and the small hidden heliport near the cliff, but since they are not relevant to our story and not known by the general public, it doesn't matter for this tale.

It was 8 a.m.. Dandy had taken a shower and descended intro the ground floor (Rubbergirl was still sleeping, of course, she really hated to wake up before noon), Grenadier and Blueskin had just arrived and were taking a strong coffee, when the emergency phone rang. Dandy, moving at a speed almost too fast for human eyes, ran to the phone. It meant action, and she really needed it, last week had been too quiet. She had even spoken with Mayor Eastroad about helping the Police to find that parahuman who killed two people (one of them a policeman) and wounded another two while escaping from the Hall of Justice, but Mayor Eastroad thought that the GARS shouldn't take the role of policeman, and called for Mr. Miracle, Rhode Island's official crime-fighting parahuman.

- Golden Apple Rescue Squad, you're speaking with Dandy...
- Here Mayor Eastroad. It seems there is a task for the GARS...
- WOOOOOOOHHHHOO!!! Guys, we have a job to do!

banner03.gif

The task sounded interesting. Two days before, a plane carring some archeological pieces from Pararoa Island, in the South Pacific, to GAU (Golden Apple University), dissapeared over the Rocky Mountains in the middle of an unusually strong ray storm. Last communication with the plane was a call for help ("We have been reached by a ray, we're going down. Mayday, mayday!"). Helicopters were deployed next morning, but the bad methereological conditions and the difficult geography of the crash area didn't let them approach. It seemed a perfect task for the GARS.

Dandy flew to the upper floor to wake up Rubbergirl, who wasn't very pleased, and Grenadier and Blueskin donned their spandex uniforms, that were stored in a small closet because even if they didn't have a secret ID (Grenadier's identity was public, and Blueskin... who can you hope to mantain a secret identity if you are a 6'4'' blue-skinned girl with glowing green-eyes?), they didn't walk on the street in their colourful uniforms to go to the supermarket or do the laundry.

Fifteen minutes later, a big helicopter from the GAPD arrived to a hidden heliport near GARS Manor, and our heroes began their most disturbing adventure... by the moment.

banner03.gif

Next one this tomorrow
Your comments are always welcome!

Last edited:

FullTinCan

First Post
Excellent introduction. I really like the mechanism of using the prologue to evoke emotions in the players/characters, but then not allowing them to do anything about the prologue because "a higher power" won't let them.

Hopefully this emotion won't erode away too quickly!

Lela

First Post
Wow, after that prolog, I'm not sure how PG rated this thread really is, ;) :p but I still love it. Keep it coming.

Bob Aberton

First Post
Excellent story hour. I'm normally not a fan of 'supers' storys/comics/RPGs, but this storyhour rocks! I especially like the prologue. I'll have to use that technique on my players sometime...

My penance is complete, Horacio;) :D

(But I really do like the storyhour...)

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Well, people, just played today the third session, and things got nasty for the party.

Tomorrow I'll post next update, Scene 2, arrival, a scene where Dandy learnt the consecuences of being impulsive...

Crothian

First Post
Horacio said:
Well, people, just played today the third session, and things got nasty for the party.

Tomorrow I'll post next update, Scene 2, arrival, a scene where Dandy learnt the consecuences of being impulsive...

Told you I'd read this and post after the game. First, this is the first Story Hour I've read, and it's pretty good. I wish I knew a little more about the heroes book you are using, but I think i can follow pretty well without it.

So far, so good. :D

Supers-freak

First Post
Crothian said:

Told you I'd read this and post after the game. First, this is the first Story Hour I've read, and it's pretty good. I wish I knew a little more about the heroes book you are using, but I think i can follow pretty well without it.

So far, so good. :D

It's a good book. Why not buy it, eh Crothian? You can buy it from Natural d20 Press.

Crothian

First Post
Supers-freak said:

It's a good book. Why not buy it, eh Crothian? You can buy it from Natural d20 Press.

I can't justify buying a book I won't be using anytime soon. In the past 6 months I've really scaled back on buying any RPG books. I haven't been running, been playing, so I find I have less desire for many of the books. THat and I've never been a big supers genre fan.

Remove ads