Good items for a druid

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Consider:
-Ioun Stone, Pink Rhomboid, for a +2 Con bonus that transfers into all your shapeshifted forms (or any other stat-enhancer except for charisma/intelligence).
-Golem manual, flesh: okay, this is super-creepy, but could be great fun depending on the druid. Keep "Call Lightning" handy for purposes of golem-healing; keep a scroll of eagle's splendor handy for regaining control of a pesky berserking golem. See if your DM will let you craft one out of the bodies of dead animals for extra creepy fun. (Only works for the right character).
-One wand of cure moderate wounds, and a bunch of wands of cure light wounds. Especially if you're the party's main healer, these can be a fantastic choice. Make others chip in for replacements!
-A selection of scrolls for those great niche druid spells, fantastic on the rare occasions where they're useful: transmute rock to mud, quench, stone shape, remove disease, etc.
-Rod of lesser metamagic. Not great, unless you love you some call lightning; it'd make that spell useful to later levels. Could also be useful with cure moderate wounds, or poison.
-A +1 animated large wooden shield. An extra +3 on your AC in all forms--this looks like a real winner to me!
-A +1 sling of spell storing. Boring, yeah--until you start casting Poison into it, and really messing with the backline casters.

Daniel

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Iku Rex said:
(Spell storing is a melee weapon special ability.)
SRD said:
Spell Storing: A spell storing weapon allows a spellcaster to store a single targeted spell of up to 3rd level in the weapon. (The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action.) Any time the weapon strikes a creature and the creature takes damage from it, the weapon can immediately cast the spell on that creature as a free action if the wielder desires. (This special ability is an exception to the general rule that casting a spell from an item takes at least as long as casting that spell normally.) Once the spell has been cast from the weapon, a spellcaster can cast any other targeted spell of up to 3rd level into it. The weapon magically imparts to the wielder the name of the spell currently stored within it. A randomly rolled spell storing weapon has a 50% chance to have a spell stored in it already.

Strong evocation (plus aura of stored spell); CL 12th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, creator must be a caster of at least 12th level; Price +1 bonus.
Compare to:
SRD said:
Throwing: This ability can only be placed on a melee weapon. A melee weapon crafted with this ability gains a range increment of 10 feet and can be thrown by a wielder proficient in its normal use.

Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, magic stone; Price +1 bonus.
Are you sure?

Daniel

IcyCool

First Post
Pielorinho said:
Compare to:

Are you sure?

Daniel

Well, ranged enchantments state that the enchantment is bestowed upon their ammunition. Spell-storing doesn't appear to have any such wording. So unless you are actually throwing the sling at those back line enemies ...

Also, check the table of ranged enhancements and melee enhancements to see if Spell-Storing is on the ranged list.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
IcyCool said:
Also, check the table of ranged enhancements and melee enhancements to see if Spell-Storing is on the ranged list.
By george, you're right--it's only on the melee list. Nonsense and nothing, I say! There's no reason why it couldn't apply to a ranged weapon, and I think it's worth checking with the DM to see if he'd allow it, if you like the idea.

Daniel

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Felix said:
Stock up on the best Druid-flavor magic item of all time:

Quall's Feather Token: Tree

It won't ever really help all that much, it'll just be, you know, druidy.
Lies. I had a halfling Monk who bought about 50 of these things. How un-useful is it to conjure a 60-foot tree wherever you want it?!

Personally, I prefer a Ring of Sustenace, for 2500 gp:
This ring continually provides its wearer with life-sustaining nourishment. The ring also refreshes the body and mind, so that its wearer needs only sleep 2 hours per day to gain the benefit of 8 hours of sleep. The ring must be worn for a full week before it begins to work. If it is removed, the owner must wear it for another week to reattune it to himself.

Emphasis mine. Only resting for 2 hours a day means more spells per day, and you never need to eat. Woo hoo!

Last edited:

Remove ads