Good items for a druid

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Herobizkit said:
Personally, I prefer a Ring of Sustenace, for 2500 gp:

Already have that one too, as it happens :)

tangent: our party always used to get ambushed during the night, until my druid came along. I always leave a 2nd and a 3rd level slot unfilled, and if they haven't been used during the day I prepare and then cast spike growth (can make a 20ft deep nasty boundary all around our campsite) and cast tree (which I share with my companion) and stay on watch most of the night in a form that is very unlikely to get attacked.

Strangely, ever since I started preparing these night time defences we haven't been ambushed at night once, although when the ranger cast 'alarm' night time creatures would charge across the boundary and attack us as the alarm went off again and again...

Plane Sailing

Pielorinho said:
Consider:
-Ioun Stone, Pink Rhomboid, for a +2 Con bonus that transfers into all your shapeshifted forms (or any other stat-enhancer except for charisma/intelligence).
-Golem manual, flesh: okay, this is super-creepy, but could be great fun depending on the druid. Keep "Call Lightning" handy for purposes of golem-healing; keep a scroll of eagle's splendor handy for regaining control of a pesky berserking golem. See if your DM will let you craft one out of the bodies of dead animals for extra creepy fun. (Only works for the right character).
-Rod of lesser metamagic. Not great, unless you love you some call lightning; it'd make that spell useful to later levels. Could also be useful with cure moderate wounds, or poison.

The ioun stone is a good idea. I love the animal flesh golem idea, but I can't see it flying with my DM (it would fit my (NE) druids character just fine though).

I've currently got a lesser empowering rod (which is surely a steal at 9000gp), and I use it mostly for poison and call lightning spells. I'd love a standard empower rod, but the price is ramped right up. Just as well though - otherwise next level I'd be casting empowered holly berry bombs at CL15 (including the +4 from the karma bead) for 8 lots of (1d8+15) *1.5
Against a foe without fire resistance or evasion, I think that works out as 234 fire damage, which is nice.

;)

Plane Sailing

The final solution (awaiting DMs approval) is:

Sell periapt of wisdom +2

craft periapt of wisdom +6
purchase portable hole
purchase incense of meditation

Cheers!

Remove ads