• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good Matrix RPG?

Switchblade

First Post
I think shadowrun might work well. Just give the players adept powers while in the matrix to similate their improved stats, wall running, massive jumps, skills etc.

Oh, and remove rigging, cyberware, non adept magic and (ironically) the matrix

Afrodyte

Explorer
I had a homebrew system I used for a long-running Matrix game. It was a blast that had up to 10 players. PM or e-mail me if you want to know more.

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
THANKS ALOT:rant:

It looked so cool that I made an impulse purchase at Amazon. My wife is going to kill me.

I won't be using it for The Matrix though. I've got my heart set on doing a sequel to Big Trouble in Little China.

I hope that you enjoy the book enough that it's worth the grief you'll be getting. ;)

Jurble

First Post
Ahhh Calico, impuse buys are usually the most satisfying "forget the consequences im just gunna do it" hehehe. I hope it pays off for you mate :)

thanks a ton to you all btw, so much to work with now. Ive got there is no spoon and im having a look through it, will also check out those other systems.

Actually brings me back to another question, but interested in a more general sense, any suggestions for less complex, less combat strategy focused systems which ca be used for a more narrative focused game?

Like a system where playing to charcater gives you bonuses maybe or something just focused towards the storytelling side of it and less the exactly following of strategy?

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Actually brings me back to another question, but interested in a more general sense, any suggestions for less complex, less combat strategy focused systems which ca be used for a more narrative focused game?

Like a system where playing to charcater gives you bonuses maybe or something just focused towards the storytelling side of it and less the exactly following of strategy?

As a GM you can give roleplaying bonuses in any game.

I am a huge fan of White Wolf's World of Darkness line, both old and new. Of all the systems I've played to date it seems to encourage actual real roleplaying over number crunching. The mechanic is simple to better keep the game rolling. In the old system you rolled a dice pool of d10's versus a difficulty that could go up or down. Each success improved the degree of success. In the new system the difficulty is always 8 or better but you add or remove dice from the dice pool to reflect difficulty. That is about it for the system... every action in any of the White Wolf games uses that simple mechanic.

Remove ads